Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
--renovation--
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night when I went to go start my car, I noticed that my fuel guage read "empty". And about 7 hours before when I parked the car, I know I had 3/4 tank. Well, I started driving down the road and about every 3-4 minutes, a mark would increase in fuel until it got back to its normal position on the guage. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
The same thing happened to me after my car sat a whole week without driving.

When I got it started, the fuel gauge measured 3 bars and after about 5 minutes of driving, it got back up to the 1/2 tank mark.

was your car sitting for a while or parked on a slope?

·
--renovation--
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car was probably sitting for about 7 hours. I don't think it was really on a slope at all. Is there any way to replace the fuel level sender?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
when does your gas light come on? i usually have about 4 to 4.5 gallons left when the light comes on....it's an odd little thing...

·
--renovation--
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So should I just wait until that light comes on every time and then fill up the tank or what? I kinda wanna see if there is any way to replace that sensor.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
L-U-R-C-H said:
I kinda wanna see if there is any way to replace that sensor.
There is. I have this same problem in my 5th Gen although not ALL the time which is strange. I even made a post in the 5th Gen forum with a link to this.
From reading my Helm last night I found out that they have a whole section on troubleshooting this problem.
You can even find the parts you need at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts