Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nuke'em til they glow!
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jesus christ.... trying to get the g-o-d-d-a-m-n-e-d banjo bolt back on when replacing the g-o-d-d-a-m-n-e-d f-r-i-g-g-e-n fuel filter on my piece of c-r-a-p 5th gen is pissing me off!!!!!!

Man... I've managed to get 80% of the job done without any problems and this banjo bolt is pissing me off.

Betweem the SS Auto and a f-r-i-g-g-e-n potential wrist pin on a stock 5th Gen going bad... I'm seriously thinking that when I snap it's not going to be a post office!

Whew.... needed to rant.....

Gerhard

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I bet I know what the issue is - getting those crush washers to stay on while you thread it back together. I totally feel your pain.

I eventually ended up using twist ties to hold everything together until I could get it threaded & back together.

BTW - you got a lot farther than I did - I gave up after 4 hours of not getting the fuel filter off. ZERO space to work in, no leverage, and one seriously seized bolt on the bottom of the filter. I eventually just put it back together (after figuring out the twist-tie trick) and took it to the dealer for them to do it. Worth every penny of the $60 it cost me ot have them to do it. :)

·
Nuke'em til they glow!
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok... I think God took pitty on me and sent an angel to guide me through it...

I was having trouble with the top banjo bolt that attaches the fuel like to the intake...

The bottom was a pain in butt. However, I had had the foresight to order a 14mm flare nut crows foot from SnapOn. So after jacking the car up onto jack stands... getting the bottom off wasn't too bad.

This is why I was screwed with the bad car karma on the top bolt.

God that was a pain the ass... and it probably did take me about 2 to 3 hours. Friggen Honda.

Gerhard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts