Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm stuck with a roof spoiler mold that i'm looking to sell to someone that would be interested in mass producing a spoiler for the prelude community.

I don't have the time to drive hours out of my way to get 1 spoiler made, so if you're good with fiberglass/carbon work, and are able to source out supplies and materials yourself, or knows someone that's real close to your location, here's your chance to make some money.

In case you didn't realize it yet, i am selling a 1997-2001 Prelude Roof Spoiler MOLD. Basically it's the outer casing used to make the spoiler, and it DOES NOT come with the materials (Fiberglass/Carbon Fiber materials) used to make the spoiler. I paid $2000 to get the mold made, and about 1-2 months of waiting, so i am NOT making any money back on this. instead, i am losing money.

Price: $1500 SHIPPED

If you're not looking to buy, but you might know someone that does, HERE'S your chance to make a little extra commission. If that person you referred buys the roof spoiler mold, i'll give your $100 just for helping me out. That person MUST buy the roof spoiler mold in order for you to receive the $100 bonus.

Serious inquiries only. PM me for pictures. I will NOT post up the pictures of the mold on the thread. Instead, I will only send pictures of the mold to those who are serious about buying it. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You should post up some pics of the mold. What is it made out of...just
fiberglass/gelcoat, or are there metal/wood reinforcements in it? That kind of
thing has a bearing on the worth, as well as general quality, because it will
determine how many parts can be made from it before it will probably break.
:bigthumb:

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
You should post up some pics of the mold. What is it made out of...just
fiberglass/gelcoat, or are there metal/wood reinforcements in it? That kind of
thing has a bearing on the worth, as well as general quality, because it will
determine how many parts can be made from it before it will probably break.
:bigthumb:
and..

OneSickJDMBB6 said:
Serious inquiries only. PM me for pictures. I will NOT post up the pictures of the mold on the thread. Instead, I will only send pictures of the mold to those who are serious about buying it. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hardened epoxy. like all things in life, as long as you maintain it properly (properly waxing the mold area before/after making one spoiler), the mold will last forever.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Serious inquiries only. PM me for pictures. I will NOT post up the pictures of
the mold on the thread. Instead, I will only send pictures of the mold to
those who are serious about buying it. Thank you for your time.
Oops, my mistake. I was just trying to help. ;)

hardened epoxy. like all things in life, as
long as you maintain it properly (properly waxing the mold area before/after
making one spoiler), the mold will last forever.
I guess that depends on your definition of "forever." :p Epoxy hardening is
an exothermic reaction (it releases heat), so the piece made in the mold
produces heat while curing. This WILL over time warp the mold, if the mold is not substantially robust.
-----

Hopefully someone will take this off his hands and make some pretty stuff
that people will love and cherish. I know some people love them some good roof spoilers! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts