Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously car has problems.

Engine is currently removed. $3-5000 is needed to make running/perfect condition.

Body is perfect with 14,000 miles on it. I can send a list of everything needed to make run and be perfect.

Will come with complete engine, just needs to be fixed. I can't even find out whats wrong with it so it may be easy. Thats up to you.

I'm just guaging interest. Let me know. :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wow....so very tempted. Any other work done to the car? What happened to the engine?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine was turbo charged, but that wasn't what caused the malfunction(although it couldn't have helped). The transmission has a 5th gear synchro problem and the something is either wrong with the wiring or the engine.

The car comes lowered 2" with H&R race springs and brand new 15" Gunmetal slipstreams w/ brand new Falken Azenis.

My esitmate of $3-5000 to repair would be buying a complete Type SH swap and putting it in plus a couple other things.

If you fixed whats wrong with the engine I'll give you it would be a lot cheaper but a lot more work.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Still very tempted...gotta see if I can get the money together but let me make sure I've got this straight:

Engine and tranny are probably gonna need swapped, rest of the car is fine.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you buy the engine/tranny. All your going to need is:

1 AC line
Get the inner axels rebuilt
Cruise control throttle adj. cable
Radiator fan (unless you want to run my modded single fan, works great + more room for a turbo)
Battery tray to put battery back under hood (unless ya wanna keep my battery relocation kit w/ batt in trunk)
Cat back exhaust

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Interested in the car as well. Is the motor and tranny currently out of the car or installed? Are you the original owner?

Please get me some pictures of the car and of course I would need the car shipped.

Thanks,
Paul
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Turbo Lude SH said:
If you buy the engine/tranny. All your going to need is:

1 AC line
Get the inner axels rebuilt
Cruise control throttle adj. cable
Radiator fan (unless you want to run my modded single fan, works great + more room for a turbo)
Battery tray to put battery back under hood (unless ya wanna keep my battery relocation kit w/ batt in trunk)
Cat back exhaust
Is this all the repairs that the car needs? Is the title clean or........?

What other interior/exterior parts are missing?

Very interested as well, do u know how much it'd cost to have it shipped to NY, 11373?

Please send me some pics to [email protected]

TIA

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
All right, I guess I shouldn't have put this add up until I had the time to really keep an eye on it. I've been real busy and I apologize for not responding very promptly.

Starting off, the Title is clean and the car has 14,000 miles on it and the exterior is PERFECT, like brand new.

Their's more to the car than just getting the engine swap and throwing it in.

Assuming that you've bought yourself a complete Type SH swap to throw in, you're going to need the following to make the car PERFECT, which is every little thing, looking at the list a lot of the things are small and may not matter to you, but anyone interested in the car should at least be aware of them:

1) Your going to need to reinstall the AC system. I have every piece minus one line, the one that goes from the evaporter to the compressor, the one that goes accross the engine bay above the header.
2) Currently running (and wired for) a single radiator fan. It works perfectly and cleans up the engine bay, but I have the other fan and you'll have to install it in order to run both. Not hard, wiring still there for second fan.
3)Cruise control will have to be reinstalled, I have everything minus the wire that goes from the pedal to the actuator under the hood.
4)Battery ir currently in the trunk via a Summit racing Battery relocation kit. If you want to move it back to under the hood, you'll need the stock battery tray. I dont have it. :(
5)Stock hood latch will have to be put back on(only if you want to put the stock hood back on) I have the latch, but the car comes with the CF hood and stock hood seperatly.
6)Car comes with 15" Gunmetal Rota slipstreams and Falken Azenis both rims and tires brand new. The stock rims will not be included. If you want stock rims you should be able to sell the Rotas and get some stockers and come out with a little cash.
7)You'll need to buy yourself a cat back exhaust. It comes with every exhaust piece needed minus: Cat converter and muffler. Header and mid exhaust piece will be included.
8)Car is on H&R 2" lowering springs. I do not have the stockers to include.
9)Front stock plastic grill has been removed (look in pictures) and plastic inner covering on passenger wheel well is missing ($35 to have replaced at Honda dealer). Also, wind shield washer fluid resevoir is missing, I have it and should be easy to put back in :)
10)Both inner axel housings need to be rebuilt, or use the axels that come with your new engine. Or have em rebuilt at Honda.

Thats it. Here's a list of what will come with the car:

H22A4 Type SH engine and transmission
Set of Altezzas (hehehe, I dont want them)
Extra distributor
I've got an AEM CAI intake I believe
Mesh front grill
ALL of my H22 and Prelude parts, might come in handy or make you some money

Pictures:

I dont have any with the new rims on but you can imagine what they look like. I like them with the CF hood.

My current best offer is $8000 and he's agreed to pay shipping. He's got to come up with the cash and he's saying mid July is when he'll be ready to buy. If someone gets me the money sooner, it's theirs.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
just sent you an email

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bgod - I'm responding to your email now. You've got a lot of questions and it's going to take a little bit to respond. :)

rudeskawn - I'll look into shipping today. Which part of Florida are you in? I'll check the shipping to Miami. I think it will be around $750. Also, I'm going to have to ship the extra parts seperatly through a freight company. But I may cover the costs of that. Check back later today and I should have a number for ya.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
never received that email from you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts