Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vroooom
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow.. I've installed body kits on my preludes in the past, and for some reason i CANNOT get this damn front bumper off. I have my Helms manual... i have this writeup http://www.preludeonline.com/f88/jdm-1-piece-headlight-installation-instructions-pics-47403/ but for some reason I can't pull the damn thing off. It's loose, but it seems like it wont break off.

I removed every bolt in the writeup above, and even removed some other bolts to drop the front spoiler off.. made sure the lower fender bolts were removed... two nuts behind the signal lights.. the nuts behind each headlight... still nothing. Am i missing something?:confused:

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Since you're up north, maybe the metal bumper support is rusted to the frame :confused:

·
Vroooom
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you're up north, maybe the metal bumper support is rusted to the frame :confused:

well, sorry, my location still says up north, but i'm in Virginia, and its a southern car! Here's a random question though. The HELMS manual says nothing about the "mounting bolts" needing to be removed... and obviously there's no way to get to them at all. Do they need to be removed? I can shake the hell out of the bumper and it moves alot. But when trying to pull it forward, it doesn't budge... and it's detached from the fender wall as well.

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
According to the picture yes you need to remove the 4 mounting bolts. They're holding the bumper support to the frame.

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
I thought it was the 2 bolts that are behind the 4 mounting bolts that needed to be removed first???

I remember there weren't that many bolts to be removed when I did mine.

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Hmm... There's supposed to be 4 nuts in the engine bay where the studs poke through, right? Or was it just 2 studs?

EDIT:

Looks like its 4 studs. Did you remove all 4 nuts? Those mounts stay attached to the actual bumper within the bumper cover

My car only had 2 at the time, the others fell off at some point during its life :laugh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
It does make it a LOT easier, and to be honest, I've tried removing the lights with the bumper still on, and I just undid all the bolts on the top and then just let it fall down to the ground whilst still conneted to the wheel arches (back when I had a lude with arches!!!)

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Yea it kind of resembles the earlier SEARCH intake from a few years back

·
There's only one....
2,973 Posts
there should be a gold nut on each side inside the engine bay that you have to take off.

·
Vroooom
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol, you guy are funny. Read the thread, I did a search, I even linked my results... I'll link more if you want.. I wanted to know if I was doing something wrong or missing something.

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
If you still can't get it off take pictures of everywhere you removed a bolt from and how the bumper looks at this point. Maybe you've missed something. Can't really help if we don't know what's still on the car.

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
lol, you guy are funny. Read the thread, I did a search, I even linked my results... I'll link more if you want.. I wanted to know if I was doing something wrong or missing something.
:confused:

Did you finally get it off?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts