Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Poor Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if there is a performance difference depending on the bar you buy. my 4th gen sr right now has a crappy generic bar up front, so i'm trying to decide if i should upgrade to a better bar.

I was looking at either cusco or neuspeed. they look like they are two totally different designs. Is there a difference in performance? please share you opinions about which i should purchase, or should i stick with what i have now?

slo mo

·
Registered
149 Posts
there will be a slight stiffening of the suspension and chassis if you upgrade to a bar like Neuspeed.....however, not enough to warrent paying that much on it. A generic bar is good enough......I would just stick with what you have. If you want a bar that would make a difference in handling, get the sway bars. Those would make a big difference.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
IMO and experience the Neuspeed bar for the 5th gen really does work. It is totally solid from end to end. That one and a Spoon in the trunk for the rear towers and you will stiffen considerably.
I fully agree that the rear sway bar is also a great addition (got the Neuspeed one). You will feel the difference.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
I noticed a difference imediatly with my strut bar. The steering was greatly improved and was able to make some turns tighter and faster. Mine is the Neuspeed one, so I cant say for any of the aftermarket ones, however some guys that have aftermarket ones dont notice that much of an improvement... I also agree that the sway bars help out a ton, I love my rear sway

------------------
If you only knew the power of the Lude...
'98 Red Base Prelude
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - SCCA Solo2
AEM CAI, APEX-i VAFC, Neuspeed Ft Up Strut Bar, 28 mm Neuspeed RR Sway Bar, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, and SH RR Deck installed. Shock knock cure done. Installing Quaife ATB Differential.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts