Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I washed my car with Dawn, pulled it inside and clayed the whole car. When I finished claying I pulled the car back out and washed with Dawn again. When I pulled it back in I noticed waterspots on the hood. I rewashed, redried, still there. Wiped down with a damp towel, still there. Used paint cleaner, still there. Cleaner wax, still there. I even tried to reclay a portion to see if that would work and they were still there. I ended up waxing the car so the waterspots are now under the wax. The car is pearl white so you can only see them at certain times with indirect light and you have to look for them but I know they are there and after spending 7 hours on the car today I am beyond pissed. I have never had this problem before. Has anybody experianced this? How can I remove them?

As a side note this was the first time I have used clay and I was amazed. I had no idea there was so much crap stuck to the paint. It feels smoother than a new car sitting on a showroom floor.

·
Putt Putt...Vroom Vroom!
2,821 Posts
Try Vinegar, sometimes it works. if it still doesn't come off, then just wait a while, and the water marks will naturally come off.

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
1,150 Posts
Just wait a few weeks. Last year my hood was full of them. After a few weeks they when away. Don't stress.

·
ricersmakethebabyjesuscry
633 Posts
CGR45 said:
Just wait a few weeks. Last year my hood was full of them. After a few weeks they when away. Don't stress.
i've done that too...

HOWEVER, funny you bring this up, on friday we were doing a customer's car, he called in and complained about water spots. so we were like okay NP, come clay bar that shiz easy money.

we get there, clay it, still there. hm...get some #82 + hi speed buffer, still there. #83 + hi speed still there. #85 + hi speed still there. so we bust out the #86 + the hi speed + the wool pad (this is as abrasive as it gets) and it was still freaking there! we had to do 5 passes with #86 + wool pad to get the water spots off!

but the hood was absurdly shiney when we were done

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
OT: how much would a good shop charge to get rid of swirls and tiny sufrace scratches? and rock chips on the bottom of the doors front fender behind the front wheel and rock chips in front of the rear wheels on the quarter panels???? lol

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
OT: how much would a good shop charge to get rid of swirls and tiny sufrace scratches? and rock chips on the bottom of the doors front fender behind the front wheel and rock chips in front of the rear wheels on the quarter panels???? lol
I think the only real way to get rid of this is to repaint,swirl mark removers and buffers just cover them up,and is the paint chipped?

·
633 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
swirls/surface scratches figure about 100ish

rockchips figure like 20 per to do them right (fill it in with touch up paint, wetsand, then buffer)

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
ok in that case how much to repaint the doors???lol cuz i have a million of them:sad:

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
swirls/surface scratches figure about 100ish
dont they just detail the area?you might as well find a detail place and let them do the whole car then,they'll do the same thing,along with detailing the interior

·
633 Posts
hustler904 said:

dont they just detail the area?you might as well find a detail place and let them do the whole car then,they'll do the same thing,along with detailing the interior
well i'm sure you could have a guy just detail a single part of the car..but why?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts