Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yea theres this kid in a i think its a 95 or something like that ford probe GT with turbo..but it sounds really bad...

anyways ill be driving and ill see him in my rear view a bit back doin the speed limit then he blows by me like hes jeff gordon....anyways...he says my car is a little ricer and that he can beat the living day lights out of it.....ok i have the SH skirts....real rice:rolleyes:

so you guys think i can shut this cornball up?

5spd
CAI
Mugen Header
Powercore High Flow Cat
Greddy EVO Exhaust

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh damn....:( .......but i doubt its putting that to the wheels it sounds like crap and it sputters so bad....i dunno...:rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
854 Posts
just race him, Probe suck ass in general..:laugh:

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ummm yea said:
tell him to drive over here to jersey..i'll give him a run for his money
Haha i dont think it would make it there:laugh:

Ill probally go ahead and race him anyway....he cant drive anyway:rolleyes:

so should i go at it with him for a light or a roll?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
defintely a stop, maybe hell loss traction alot. Go on kazaa and type in turbo probe,theres a low 13 sec one...

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I say race him. You never know, his turbo could be on its last legs. Hell, it might even blow up as you were racing him.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
trust me his is not a low 13sec one....

and it definitely sounds like its on its last legs....when his turbo finally does spool up(which you can barely even hear) the car sputters and cuts out for like .5 sec...and hes always gunning it....everytime he comes to a stop he takes of like he stole it and revs it real high in every gear....poor car....

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea it is...im suprised it hasnt yet tho....

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well im hoping that the way his car sounds and runs i wont have to hook up a lil nitrous....or maybe i should hold out until the end of the summer and get the NX Wet Kit and go spank some bigger fish

·
Registered
291 Posts
My friend raced an older probe with 14 psi in his stock V6 Camaro, with me in the passanger seat, and the probe barely edged him out :laugh:

The guy also claimed to have taken it over 180mph :laugh:

I'm sure the new ones are way faster, but I doubt it runs too good without some $ in tuning.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I got to put my .02cents in here since I used to own a 95 Turbo Probe. The Mazda 2.5L KL engine responds to boost better than any motor I know. At 6 psi it'll easily put down 220-240hp untuned. With 220 ft-lb of torque. Mine was a high 13sec car. not low 13's. I ran 7-8psi.
It ran turbo'd for 3 years, never any problems and with stock timing!

The older 1st gens were much slower, but At 15-16psi, they too can hit 13's. Most hit low 14's.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hmmmmmm..... respond to boost better than any motor u know.... JDM H22's @ 6 psi put down 293hp and 271 ft/lbs of trq. my buddy had one in his 4th gen out of houston although i havnt talked to him in a couple of months

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jdm_h22_accord said:
Hmmmmmm..... respond to boost better than any motor u know.... JDM H22's @ 6 psi put down 293hp and 271 ft/lbs of trq. my buddy had one in his 4th gen out of houston although i havnt talked to him in a couple of months
what was his compression ratio?

·
Registered
44 Posts
It was stock compression for the JDM H22 which if i remember correctly (someone correct me if i am wrong) is 10.8 to 1 or 10.2 to 1 can t quite remember.... someone please jump in here...

·
Registered
298 Posts
jdm_h22_accord said:
It was stock compression for the JDM H22 which if i remember correctly (someone correct me if i am wrong) is 10.8 to 1 or 10.2 to 1 can t quite remember.... someone please jump in here...
JDM is 10:6

:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts