Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a small slow leak in one of my wife's tires the other day, and have been monitoring it. Then I realize I haven't check my pressure in forever. Of course, it's low. WAY low.

However, my question is: Bridgestone recomend pressure @ 44psi. I filled them to about 42. What do you guys normally pump them to.

And no, I'm not intending to change the stock tires at all. So there.

------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic
"When you're caffineated, all is right with the world..."

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pork Chop:
I thought the max pressure was 44 and the recommended pressure was 32? I usually run mine around 38.</font>
------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by badmuthrfkr:
I'd be taking her to a nice italian restaurant because italian food is my favorite so even if the date goes sour, at least I got to eat something I love.</font>

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 5Gen_Prelude:
The book says 32 - so I put 32 in. Any more than that and you will float on our wonderful supply of water.</font>
gee... didn't look in the book. ;>

I'll drop mine to 35. They weren't way low then [sheepish grin].
Don't I feel stupid?

------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you look at the inner part of the driver's side (where the paint code is) or below it, there should be recommended tire pressure. I think it's 35

------------------

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
its 32 for sure...

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
Yeah, its 32. But then it also says that if you want to drive faster than the speed limits to increase your pressures. I run them at 35 front and back if I am driving around on them, 40 front 35 rear for autox.

------------------
If you only knew the power of the Lude...
'98 Red Base Prelude
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - SCCA Solo2
AEM CAI, APEX-i VAFC, Neuspeed Ft Up Strut Bar, 28 mm Neuspeed RR Sway Bar, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, and SH RR Deck installed. Shock knock cure done. Installing Quaife ATB Differential.

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
If you run lower up front than back then you will probably push because with these tires there is not a lot of sidewall support and they will roll over and the sidewall gives less grip. I did my own testing on this one because I was running lower up front in autoxing events and then in one event I changed pressures inbetween heats and with higher up front I dropped 2 seconds!!! A guy who is really good who does a civic si also was talking to me about it and we worked it out and he was right that you need more up front to keep that rollover in check. Just dont do it to the max or close to it because that is too much and then you start effecting your contact patch and can also get a bulge in the middle of your tread...

------------------
'98 Red Base Prelude
AEM CAI, APEX-i VAFC, Neuspeed Ft Up Strut Bar, 28 mm Neuspeed RR Sway Bar, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, and SH RR Deck installed. Shock knock cure done. Installing Quaife ATB Differential.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use to run mine around 38 psi, and then about a year ago the dealership did their tune up on my baby, and they gave me a good lip smackin' for running them that high! They said it was dangerous for whatever reasons.

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CRANIUM:
I use to run mine around 38 psi, and then about a year ago the dealership did their tune up on my baby, and they gave me a good lip smackin' for running them that high! They said it was dangerous for whatever reasons.
</font>
Ahh, dealer logic again....

------------------
'98 Red Base Prelude

[This message has been edited by Darth Luder (edited May 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ommoran:
I noticed a small slow leak in one of my wife's tires the other day, and have been monitoring it. Then I realize I haven't check my pressure in forever. Of course, it's low. WAY low.

However, my question is: Bridgestone recomend pressure @ 44psi. I filled them to about 42. What do you guys normally pump them to.

And no, I'm not intending to change the stock tires at all. So there.

</font>

44psi is not Bridgestones recommended pressure. It is the max psi.
Always look at the tire placard located by the drivers door for proper psi.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by f1mas:

44psi is not Bridgestones recommended pressure. It is the max psi.
Always look at the tire placard located by the drivers door for proper psi.
</font>
Yes so I see, as was pointed out yesterday on this thread.

Honda recommends 32 in the manual.

------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic

1 - 20 of 23 Posts