Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did you at one point regret getting one or the other? im looking for a 2001 base lude in the next few months and i'm wondering what are some of your opinions on the premium or pearl white? did at some point, u thought that the pearl looked too 'creamy', and not as white as the premium white?..i know...i should get the color i like..but hey..juz want to get some opinions.

------------------
99 taffeta white v6 sedan
Check out CoCo

·
Registered
951 Posts
I love the way the car looks close up, and especially at night (premium white), but sometimes I think it's a little "dirty" looking. It's the only white I think I would have bought though. Championship white is just too plain.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The thing with my Diamond White Pearl is that it has this 24/7/365 metallic shine to it...no matter how clean the paint is. As long as you're standing at least 30 feet away (especially at night), the car looks as beautiful as the day it stepped off the showroom floor.

However, white is quick to pick up dirt, as you would expect. Mudguards, I assume, would greatly help during rain seasons, as my car (not equipped w/ mudguards) gets its doors turned a nasty shade of brown once I drive over a patch of wetness. In addition, parking next to a "pure" white color car (such as a champion white or the premium white) make the prelude look more beige than white. Not a big problem IMO but something I've noticed over the years. All in all, I still love my color and wouldn't trade it for anything else. The purity you lose in going for a pearl color is gained by its immense luster and shine.

In the end, its your choice...

------------------

'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
Going to replace the springs w/ a set of GC's

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
PPW all the way

I like it alot... and at first I thought it was too "creamy" looking but I got over it pretty quick.

well, seeing as how youre getting a 2001, they wont have the diamond white. I also like black alot but it gets dirty really fast (but it looks the best immediately after a wash/wax).

·
Registered
251 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 00vtecLude:
I also like black alot but it gets dirty really fast (but it looks the best immediately after a wash/wax).</font>
i have black

------------------
99 Black Lude w/ Leather

"Let us combine all our efforts as Honda to go out there and win"
-Soichiro Honda, 1954

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanx for all the opinions guyz..ya.im sort of leaning towards the pearl white...i dunno...but lately down here in san diego, i've seen many pearl ludez, but barely any white ludez..agh..decisions, decisions!

------------------
99 taffeta white v6 sedan
Check out CoCo

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
I like red

But yah...the 98 white (diamond white i believe) is SOOO much nicer looking than the pearl white...this color looks good only when clean...
I like the dark red tho...not the brighter read. The red like vabeach has

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I honeslty couldn't count how many times someone told me the color looked great. If you keep it clean it looks nothing short of amazing at night and I don't think for a second you'll regret it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
What can I say!?

I just washed my car today... and damn it looks nice... I would never have gone for an other colour in a lude...

um.. for all you guys with other colour... I don't mean that your colour sucks or anything... just that white lude is my fav!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:
But yah...the 98 white (diamond white i believe) is SOOO much nicer looking than the pearl white</font>
Agreed.

------------------

'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
Going to replace the springs w/ a set of GC's

·
Registered
226 Posts
Get Perl White.. During the nite when it clean it look the best..

------------------

Toronto Prelude Club

[This message has been edited by ZzRicezZ (edited May 01, 2001).]

·
Registered
507 Posts
I love mine especially at night.

------------------

The next best thing beside my Lude, is my lady in a red dress!!

AIM: SensaiGen5

[This message has been edited by SensaiGen5 (edited May 01, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by SensaiGen5 (edited May 01, 2001).]

·
Registered
236 Posts
Pearl white is tha sh#t, as everyone is saying at nite it looks crazy, in the day it just shines...only way to go...IMO

------------------
Pearl White 98 SH

Member of Toronto Prelude Club

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Usman:
Pearl white is tha sh#t, as everyone is saying at nite it looks crazy, in the day it just shines...only way to go...IMO

</font>
yup, the pearl white is amazing at night, when you have it clean. It just shines like crazy. In the day time it is still bright and catches the eye while keeping a clean look but not "in your face".

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by uneekaccr:
did you at one point regret getting one or the other?
...did at some point, u thought that the pearl looked too 'creamy', and not as white as the premium white?...

</font>
no regrets here.

no, i never thought of my PPW as *too creamy* and

yes, it's not as white as the DPW. for me, that's a good thing.

d

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

G

·
diamond white.....the only other color I'd consider is the lexus dark blue for the is300 and rx300's.

------------------

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
For 2001, the only white they offer is Premium White. Diamond white pearl was only available in 98.

Diamond white is an amazing color. It looks great in bright sunlight if the car is very clean, and it also looks great at night under artificial lights. I got a lot of compliments from people when I had my 98 diamond white.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts