Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what are your settings? like fuel and most importantly vtec crossover. I just got a hold of a p28 with a spoon program, I traded a obd2 p72, and the person I traded with got it with her jdm gsr swap and thought the vtec x-over was at 5k, but when I ran, it seemed more like late 5k and after searching around, most sites have the spoon program at 4400 or 5800rpm...

Anyways, it feels *slightly* more powerful, but that may be because I only have intake and high flow cat plus retarded timing. No lower rpm lag that everyone keeps talking about, but vtec kicks in hella late, but when it does it feels different than the regular p13 kick, instead of that ZiNG, it is milder, but sharp, but the X-over is not as sudden, like its making more power before vtec so its not as dramatic as with the stock jdm ecu. They are both still nice :), just different characteristics. ALSO! It fixed the hesitation problem indefinitely! I got rid of alot of the symptons with my lil tune-up before, but it was still always there... but whenever I swap to the p28, its not there at all! My mechanic, who I respect has been telling me its because of the knock sensor, cuz he did the swap and told me it might have took a sh!t. So with the car running better with the p28 > p28=no knock sensor > supports the knock sensor theory. I run the p28 and p13 on and off because I haven't tuned the a/f properly yet...

But your settings and comments would be appreciated, I plan on getting a vafc in the somewhat near future and it would help me and others in experimenting.

peEEeaaCe out and tia.

·
Registered
854 Posts
i assume your secondary runners are open? im running my Mugen p28 GSR program..i love it, any rpms WOT is running with plenty of feul...and my xover is at 4700, the ecu i have turns on vtec at 4500...and my vafc is only set to raise the xove rpoint a hair, and the only feul corrections i have are on the high cam only..and its only neg 1 percent..so basically its not doing much but looking pretty..oh well...peace

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply, and yes the secondaries are open =p, I was expecting this big lag like I would have to floor it to get power out of it, but it felt the same to me at the low rpms. I was thinking I needed the vafc so I can control the fuel, but if your running with a gsr program too and setting it on slight negative, I guess I should be fine. I notice puffs of smoke too whenever I romp on it so I might actually be running rich. I will probably get an a/f gauge first, just to be safe. (and look cool...) :rolleyes: Wish I could set the vtec x-over sooner though... I originally wanted 4800 or 5k. But maybe I'll get better mileage :bigthumb:

Thanks again J.

Any input from others?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts