Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after driving for like 4 months with the abs light on, I finally decided to fix the problem myself. My mechanic said that the problem was most likely an abs wheel speed sensor. The part that reads the pulsor ring that is on the cv joint, the metal ring thingy with the notches on it. So if you drive for like 3 seconds then the abs light comes on, its the wheel speed sensor. And you can find out which sensor it is by seeing the fault code. To do this you put a paperclip in both ends of the blue plug thats located behind the center console behind the radio, it should just be sitting there loose, you can pull it out and jumper the plug. Then you take your key and turn it till all the lights come on, then they will turn off. If you have a fault code either the abs light will start flashing or the check engine light will flash. Since this is a abs problem the abs light will flash. The abs codes are different than the engine codes, there are no long flashes, and all the codes are two digit, so you will get two numbers that represent a two digit number from short flashes. If your manual doesnt have the abs fault codes you can look them up on google, "prelude abs fault codes". I got 48 which is the drivers side rear sensor. After buying a set of used abs sensors, cause the new ones are 96 bucks a piece, and installing it. I saw that the real problem was that the sensor was too far from the pulsor ring. It is supposed to be less than .039mm away. So in order to save some money, you could do what I had to do anyways. File down the mating surface for the sensor so that it sits closer to the ring. Since its easier to file the sensor side instead of the wheel side where the sensor bolts up to. This probably will fix your problem without having to buy a new or used sensor. So I did that and it fixed the abs problem. No More annoying blaring yellow light in my face no more. Yey!! And if your wondering where the abs ecu is, its behind the panel under the right rear window. Hopes this helps someone. Later...

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Good job with the work-around. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
behind the left rear brake rotor, theres a small window to it through the dust shield behind the rotor...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Firstly thank you ever so much for posting this was a great help :bigthumb:
i did as you said and i got error code 2-1 which is " Handbrake warning lamp switch circuit faulty" anyone got any ideas please?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Awesome writeup! My light has been on forever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Firstly thank you ever so much for posting this was a great help :bigthumb:
i did as you said and i got error code 2-1 which is " Handbrake warning lamp switch circuit faulty" anyone got any ideas please?
Ok, so i have checked my switch and that is working fine, after switching my rear light clusters i managed to get rid of my 2 brake warning lights up until i press the brake pedal, and also im still getting my abs warning light, so i re ran the check and now im not getting the 3-1 error code instead it just flashes once then a short pause then flashes again, it does this 3 times and then stays off anyone able to help please?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys, sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have the same issue just popped up on my craft. Is there a thread for fifth gen ABS light-on? Don't seem to find it in search (too many results with not correct sounding titles like this one).

Alternatively, anyone know of a solution to fix it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts