Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
That's pretty sweet. Those are some long primaties he's got there. Be sure and post pics of your header when you get it so we can all drool over it.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the Honda engines seem to like long primaries. John is going to make the primaries on my header 2 to 3 times longer than the Spoon primaries. I think it will have long secondaries as well.

I will be sure to post pics. Hopefully it will be here within the next 2 weeks or so.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Yes, the Honda engines seem to like long primaries. John is going to make the primaries on my header 2 to 3 times longer than the Spoon primaries. I think it will have long secondaries as well.</font>
So the primaries are going to be longer than the mugen primaries then. The mugen ones are about twice as long as the stock ones. After reading his results (and some of the other comments about power gains) it kinda makes me wish I'd of waited to get a custom one. Oh well there's always room for an upgrade and since I've done nothing internally to the engine (yet) it really wouldn't benefit me anyhow.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Hmm... I dunno. That would be a tight fight. If he does it one piece, I assume you're going to fit the headers on before the engine gets put back in, right?

------------------

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if he is going to make it one or two pieces just yet. If it's two pieces, it will have slip joints, not flanges. If it's one piece, I will probably have to drop the forward cross member to install it, no big deal, really.

The Mugen primaries are twice as long as stock?? Does anyone have a picture showing the Mugen vs. stock header?

The header is made for some serious breathing capacity, so you might not seem much as far as gains are concerned if you haven't done quite a few mods. Keep in mind that the headers are designed with the engine modifications and goals in mind, so what might work well for me, might not work very good for you.

I will be sure to post pics. My rods are supposed to come in next week, so I am getting very anxious about getting my car back together!!!

I can't make any comparisons with the Spoon header. I never installed the Spoon, and I have already sold it.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
What kind of rods are you getting? Eagle? What do you plan your new redline to be? 9? 10?

Damn that's a seriously sweet header though...

------------------

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
wow that thing is beautiful!

primaries are the pipes that come out horizontally right? and the secondaries go downward? hmm 1grand for custom work or 1 grand for mugen...if I were to spend it i think I would get custom now

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Endyn (Eagle) rods. Redline will be around 8200. There's no need to go as high as 10k, or even 9k on an H22. Perhaps running that high would have a benefit if I could run a numerically higher final drive. Also, if I wanted to run that high, I would probably destroke the engine a bit to improve the rod ratio. Also, to run that high the headwork and cams need to be done to make power up that high.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$1300+ for custom.

Primaries are the 4 pipes coming out of the head. When the 4 pipes merge into 2, those are the secondaries.

4 - 2 - 1 goes like this; primaries - secondaries - collector

4 - 1 goes like this; primaries - collector

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hmm, that's my header
and I overstated how long the primaries were. I guess they're about 1.5 times longer than stock. They just looked so very long when I installed the thing.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool. Thanks for the pic!

Not quite twice as long, but much longer nonetheless. That's probably one of the main reasons why the Mugen makes better power (not to mention it has better merges and a bigger collector).

Hmmm....now I am curious as to how long John is going to make the primaries on his header....

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Hey Billy, do you have a website for these guys? or a contact phone #. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts