Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are we faster in full auto mode or ss mode?? reason i ask is because when im in the freeway on full auto and step on it, i feel it pull harder than when im in ss mode.
 

·
sis0rueN
Joined
·
758 Posts
Well, if you are on the Freeway, in SS mode, and say, in 4th gear... you step on it, and its STILL in 4th gear. As opposed to Auto mode, you are in 4th gear, and step on it, it will downshift to 3rd, and pull.

In other words, you have to DOWNSHIFT. :)

Pay attention to the your RPMS... see if you can safely downshift... maybe even downshift twice, depending on how fast yer going. Then redline back up to 4th.

I'd say it pulls the same, if not a lil more, since you can stay in VTEC longer and consistantly between shifts.

(pardon me, if I'm stating the obvious... its just your statement was kinda vague :) )
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,908 Posts
just remember that the tranny computer will not allow you to shift down in the wrong gear. as for what is faster I would say ss since you can run up to redline and then shift (full auto will shift early). Next time I am at the track I might make a pass in full auto and in SS and see what the ET differences are.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,089 Posts
^^ you can get it to shift at redline when in auto....but not all the time, it'll usually shift earlier. it should pull a little better/longer in SS cuz you can tell it when to shift...an like they said, you need to downshift just like it would when you're in auto ;) :p

as for downshifting twice....if you're in 4th an are bout 60 or less, you can safely downshift to 2nd an be right before/at VTEC :bigthumb:
 

·
Shirt Rippa
Joined
·
242 Posts
JakeTheSlayer said:
just remember that the tranny computer will not allow you to shift down in the wrong gear. as for what is faster I would say ss since you can run up to redline and then shift (full auto will shift early). Next time I am at the track I might make a pass in full auto and in SS and see what the ET differences are.
I was considering doing that also. Post up what you get whenver you try that out plz. :bigthumb:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,908 Posts
johnnyx25 said:


I was considering doing that also. Post up what you get whenver you try that out plz. :bigthumb:
It might be a while, but I will definately post the results. I'll end up having a full auto run, SS run and a little n2o action if I feel like it :bigthumb:
 

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
Joined
·
2,170 Posts
actually... there was a guy on another Honda board....which i cant name here...since it will get blocked... but some of you might now it by its old name.....SHO. well the guy there was LUDEBOY and he did a run in his SS Lude in full auto and SS and he stated that his... auto mode was a few ...thousends faster then SS mode. May be it was his car or may be .... I dunno. but thats what he stated and had time slips to back it up.

BTW - he ran 14.89 or 14.98 in his auto lude.:eek: :bigthumb:
after zex 75 shot... he was in 13s.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,906 Posts
SK Honda 7 said:
actually... there was a guy on another Honda board....which i cant name here...since it will get blocked... but some of you might now it by its old name.....SHO. well the guy there was LUDEBOY and he did a run in his SS Lude in full auto and SS and he stated that his... auto mode was a few ...thousends faster then SS mode. May be it was his car or may be .... I dunno. but thats what he stated and had time slips to back it up.

BTW - he ran 14.89 or 14.98 in his auto lude.:eek: :bigthumb:
after zex 75 shot... he was in 13s.
that's one magical SS ;)
 

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
Joined
·
2,170 Posts
japnoyboi said:
he also had a lot of weight reduction. like take out the seats, insulation, the beams behind the bumpers, etc..
correction... when he did his 14.98 or 14.89 run (cant remember which it was) the only thing he did as far as weight reduction goes, was stripped TRUNK nothing more.

later on he took out the interior and the rear bumper support if i'm not mistaken.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
SK Honda 7 said:

correction... when he did his 14.98 or 14.89 run (cant remember which it was) the only thing he did as far as weight reduction goes, was stripped TRUNK nothing more.

later on he took out the interior and the rear bumper support if i'm not mistaken.

nope..he removed the f/r bumper support beams b4 he ever went to the track. the second time i believe he went again and had zex.

to me, i think the ss is faster this way

start in 4th gear auto, then once you get up to 10mph's quickly shift over to ss and drop it down to 1st gear and bam... your hauling big time. thats what i used to do when i raced my friend wit a sh and we were neck to neck everytime, if not when i shifted to second, i'd do a pretty good pullin on him and stay that way til i get up to 4th which by then, ive already used up all my power but then again im already at 125-130 :D
 

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
Joined
·
2,170 Posts
I dont bother racing with my SS Lude anymore. I just like excelerating really fast with it. beside... auto or 5 spd. Its still better looking the a CIVIC.:bigthumb:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,906 Posts
GldCrzy said:



nope..he removed the f/r bumper support beams b4 he ever went to the track. the second time i believe he went again and had zex.

to me, i think the ss is faster this way

start in 4th gear auto, then once you get up to 10mph's quickly shift over to ss and drop it down to 1st gear and bam... your hauling big time. thats what i used to do when i raced my friend wit a sh and we were neck to neck everytime, if not when i shifted to second, i'd do a pretty good pullin on him and stay that way til i get up to 4th which by then, ive already used up all my power but then again im already at 125-130 :D
seems interesting...I'll try it haha
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top