Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious to see what you guys are running with built NA set ups in 4th and 5th gen 'ludes...

Post your ET's, MPH's, set ups (include WHP), year of your car and if you know off hand, vehicle weight w/ driver...

Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
this guy on honda-tech has an h22 in his 4-door 90 accord, this is his post.

Ok, it is official as of last night, I made 3 consecutive passes backing up my claims to running 12's. I had made a pass earlier this year, but was unable to back it up, but last night at the Firebird Raceway's "sport compact only" event I made my first pass of a 12.971 @ 104.65. I followed it up with a sligtly slower run of 13.053 @ 103.78... my 60 ft was a bit slower at a 1.878 compared to my 1.821 during the first pass. I dveloped a axle seal leak and was debating on running the car or not, but I felt it was worth the chance, so I ran a 3rd and final pass of 12.948 @ 104.77 with a 1.834 60ft. The leak was really bad, so I did not want to risk anything so, no more passes were made. During my runs, I was leaving the line at a much lower RPM (around) 4000 as I usually launch at 6000 RPM, so I am sure the car can go faster, but I am happy for now. I am sure there are going to be doubters who will want my slips posted... There are a lot of new people in this forum who don't know me, so I will add them as soon as I can scan them. I also have video of the 12.94 pass I will post a link as soon as I figure out how to do it.
Anyway, this is to prove that accords can go fast too. Oh yeah, I also ran with most of my interior and I ditched the carbon fiber hood for the factory hood. so the car was still heavier than usual. I look foreward to hitting 12.5's soon. I will be going for 11's daily driven and still NA. I am going ITB's and bigger cams really soon

·
Registered
971 Posts
its not dead....but all motor people are a dieing breed. everyones just getting ready for the season! i think im going to spend this season running n/a and leave the bottle at home.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Drag racing has too much risk in my opinion. Road racing is much easier on all Powertrain Components. Having said that, here's my time lol

15.4 @ 83.xx
Bone stock less Denso Plugs
175whp i figure roughly
Ummm.. weight. Take a 97 base 5spd lude and add 260lbs.

·
my cat's name is mittens
479 Posts
MrBB6 said:
Drag racing has too much risk in my opinion. Road racing is much easier on all Powertrain Components. Having said that, here's my time lol

15.4 @ 83.xx
175whp i figure roughly
[email protected] that trap speed seems too low....

·
Registered
854 Posts
mine hauled ass im in the process of getting rid of her though...if i keep her shes getting gutted, and built..ran 13.68 fastest time never updated it completely stock inside...if i get the money i want for it then shes gone :( if not shell lay in rest...btw ill NEVER EVER again race anyone on the road..not that a quick run to 50 is dangerous but its almost a felony now, i couldve gotten 20 days in jail..how rediculous, to be honest if u get caught racing even if its to 40 mph from a stop in florida...if twice as bad as getting a DUI which in my opnion is rediculous....i hate FandF forever it completely ruined any normal spirited driving you can do anymore, too many kids runnning thier parents accords up over 100mph thinking nothing would happen, that movie killed the true sport compact enthusiast...just my opinion sorry for the vent

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
granteeton said:
this guy on honda-tech has an h22 in his 4-door 90 accord, this is his post.

Ok, it is official as of last night, I made 3 consecutive passes backing up my claims to running 12's. I had made a pass earlier this year, but was unable to back it up, but last night at the Firebird Raceway's "sport compact only" event I made my first pass of a 12.971 @ 104.65. I followed it up with a sligtly slower run of 13.053 @ 103.78... my 60 ft was a bit slower at a 1.878 compared to my 1.821 during the first pass. I dveloped a axle seal leak and was debating on running the car or not, but I felt it was worth the chance, so I ran a 3rd and final pass of 12.948 @ 104.77 with a 1.834 60ft. The leak was really bad, so I did not want to risk anything so, no more passes were made. During my runs, I was leaving the line at a much lower RPM (around) 4000 as I usually launch at 6000 RPM, so I am sure the car can go faster, but I am happy for now. I am sure there are going to be doubters who will want my slips posted... There are a lot of new people in this forum who don't know me, so I will add them as soon as I can scan them. I also have video of the 12.94 pass I will post a link as soon as I figure out how to do it.
Anyway, this is to prove that accords can go fast too. Oh yeah, I also ran with most of my interior and I ditched the carbon fiber hood for the factory hood. so the car was still heavier than usual. I look foreward to hitting 12.5's soon. I will be going for 11's daily driven and still NA. I am going ITB's and bigger cams really soon
That would be me... but even faster now.
12.721 @ 108.30
________
Zoloft Lawsuit Info

·
Registered
991 Posts
14.8 @ 93mph

2001 Honda Prelude base 5-spd
AEM CAI/DC 421/Greddy Evo2
172whp/139wtq

Other variables: ES motor mounts, Lean short shifter, 18in wheels.

·
Registered
971 Posts
CMI tomorrow...sacramento heat will probably kill my hopes of high 13s tho *sigh*. i guess id be alright with a 14.0. Ill let everyone know if i improve my best time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
MrBB6 said:

15.4 @ 83.xx
175whp i figure roughly
175 whp .... more like 155 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
356 Posts

The weather was great 59F and 39 Humidity with a 18.19 on the Absolute Baro.
There was no one in the other lane, so i was waiting for someone when the lights came down. When I saw the green i wasn't sure to wait or to go. Then they gave me the signal, I revveed it and took off. I think I launched from 7,000 RPM and feathered it out. I have never launched so hard in my life. I can't believe that crazy 60ft on all season Falken Ziex 512 Tires. Next step...slicks!

My Setup:
Power: AEM CAI/S2 IM/Hondata IM Gasket/Type One Racing Header(2.36'' collector), 2.25'' Test Pipe, 2.25'' Thermal Exhaust, Hondata S200 on a P28. Dynoed around 188WHP/140TQ
Suspension:TEIN SS Coilovers(set at 10/16),Stock Wheels,Falken Ziex 512 tires(set at 24psi/40psi).
Transmission: Stock Tranny, Clutch, and Flywheel.
Weight Reduction: I have stripped out the back of my car. The weight reduced from the items taken out is 117lbs, factor in another 15lbs for lighter I/H/E and that comes to 132lbs. So the curb weight from 2950 is now 2817.
UPDATE: I should have slicks on and mounted by early september. Shooting for a 13.9, gotta rep the 5th gen hard =)
:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
JDM 4G Si-Vtec on Road tyres.

I have run a 13.559 but no slip to prove.

With slip.
60ft: 2.129
1/4: 13.6271 @ 102.50mph

Santapod Raceway UK.

Interior stripped, intake and exhaust mods. Chipped P13
Quaife ATB, MF 4.64FD, Flywheel & Clutch upgrade.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow I must really suck at drag racing!! I see some of you only have basic upgrade like I/E/H and are getting mid 15's or quicker. I went this past summer and got 16.03 and all I had was WS2 catback, V2 intake, Iridium IX plugs, and striped the back and trunk... I guess I need a lot more practice... :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts