Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here know how to mod the fog lights to turn on/off whenever you want without the headlights being on ?

Also does anyone know how to do the Dual Filament mod for the front bumper lights on a 4th gen ?

Thanks in advanced.

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
^ when the turn signal is activated the outer and inner bumper lights blink while alternating.

Do you want to have them both on when the headlights are on? no turn signals activated?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ when the turn signal is activated the outer and inner bumper lights blink while alternating.

Do you want to have them both on when the headlights are on? no turn signals activated?
I think Gotjnco is gonna do the dual filament mod with a right. I'm mostly interested in the fog light mod. I can't seem to figure it out. I don't want to start citing things up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry if the pictures are kinda big. I will come back and resize them later. My brain and eyes are going crazy looking at all the letters and words. I will also be back to revise it.

WARNING !!!:malken:
Before you get started. I AM NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOU OR YOUR CAR. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

Parts Needed
2-Sockets from any car, well not any but (Accord, Integra, Civic,) any that have 3 wires coming out of it and will fit the preludes bumper light.
2-Bulbs (I used 1157 amber bulbs)
2-T-taps or quick splice connector
butt connectors (if you don't want/like/know how to solder)
18 Gauge wire
Tools You need
Wire strippers (scissors work)
pliers
Philips screwdriver
10mm & 12mm socket and socket wrench
12mm box wrench
12inch and/or longer extensions

This is the Socket that i got from the junkyard out of the tail light of a Honda Civic SI hatch (ep3) 2004. I believe you can get some out of the integra front bumper (94-01) and I think (94-9x) Accord bumper light.

1. You need to remove the bumper.
Ok so you need to remove the bumper lights. Then all the screws that are circled in red and pointed to with red arrows first (Theres one screw behind each fender holding the bumper to the fender, then there is 2 screws (Bolts) on each side holding the lip to the fender liner). Then you need to pop the 2 clips for the little grille to release them from the headlight. Then you remove the 2 screws pointed to in yellow. No particular order.

Just PINCH the Clip for the grill and it should release from the headlight

You have to remove these 2 bolts too. Theres 2 on each side (4 Total)

You should now have this

Now Cut the Pig tail from your harness for the bumper light. It should look like this

Now you have to identify which wire is which. I used a battery pack I had for an RC car. I assumed that the black was a ground. I identified the the white was for the High filament (Brighter Light) and the red was for the low(Less Bright).

So you would take the ground and the higher filament wire ( In my case the white) from the pig tail, you have and connect them to your car. Passenger side is Green/yellow positive and Black negative/ground whatever. Driver side is Green/blue positive and black is Negative/ground. I believe

After that you want to find the wires for the Side marker in the headlight. You want to take your last remaining wire extend it with your 18 gauge wire so that it can reach the front. It should be the wire to your low filament on your pig tail and splice it to the red wire on the side marker.

Now put your battery on and test it to make sure it works/blinks/stays on.

NOW For the fun part:rockon:. Put everything back together and enjoy your mod.
You should end up with this

1 - 10 of 10 Posts