Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating between fixing up my H23 or going with a JDM H22, I am very leary or CA smog laws, and I am debating whether I want to spend over 2500 on a new engine or get a fully built engine for about 1800. Here is a list of what I can do with the H23. Anyone else have any suggestions? I plan on doing engine mods right after I get my rims and exhaust. I am not looking directly for speed, but I would like my car to be a little faster and reliable for daily driving.

SAFC
Arias Pistons and rings 10:3 compression
Port and Polish head
Darton Sleeves
Crower Regrind Cams

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Well for one thing, jdm h22a's are not smog legal in california anymore. If you want an engine swap, you've got to get a usdm one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i am wondering the same thing. build up the h23 or swap for the h22. right now i am really leaning towards the h23. its cheaper and i can do it one step at a time, which is more finacially obtainable. here is my goal for the end of summer:

header
jun valvespring kit
skunk2 retainers
darton sleeves
pistons
crower rods
crower cam gears

any suggestons for me?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt know that Jun and Skunk2 made parts for the H23. Time to do more research

·
Zoom-Zoomin
1,461 Posts
ExodusFX said:
Well for one thing, jdm h22a's are not smog legal in california anymore. If you want an engine swap, you've got to get a usdm one.
How do they know it is JDM?

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
No number after the engine code on the block. Jdm's are H22A's, usdm's are H22A1 & H22A4's.

·
pretending to drive...
466 Posts
How about some cams?

pioneerprelude said:
i am wondering the same thing. build up the h23 or swap for the h22. right now i am really leaning towards the h23. its cheaper and i can do it one step at a time, which is more finacially obtainable. here is my goal for the end of summer:

header
jun valvespring kit
skunk2 retainers
darton sleeves
pistons
crower rods
crower cam gears

any suggestons for me?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What ever happened to the rumor that crower was going to start making cams for the H23? I need to call them since they are local

1 - 9 of 9 Posts