Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fixed the shock knock problem in the back with an 18 cent washer from Lowes ... but I have another sound comming from the front (which may be shock component related).

When coming to a rolling stop, put it in first, let off the brake and easily step on the gas immediatly, it will cause the car to "lurch" forward (and up in the front) and cause a popping sound of sorts (or maybe its more like a knock). It doesn't happen when going over bumps in the road, just when there is a "quick shift" from deceleration to acceleration at slow speeds. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
698 Posts
it could be your upper control arm bushings.....mine were shot and I had clunking over bumps and during weight transfers (braking and acceleration)

Jack up the car in the front, see if there is any play in the control arms

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
98 San Marino SH's right on that one.. i had that problem too and got the upper control arm bars replaced. Did you noticed that it's worst when it's cold?

------------------

·
Registered
698 Posts
well, i had a different situation.....i got a camber kit installed by a shop, and they ordered the wrong parts...parts that replaced the rubber control arm bearings with aluminum sphearical bearings.....yeah, that's good and all for the track, but they lasted for about 5000 km's on the street....I had a good 3/4 inch of play in each arm...

had the control arms replaced with the rubber bushings for free by that same shop after complaining about the wrong parts

·
Registered
166 Posts
i have this same problem....

the dealership hasn't been able to figure out anything yet!! (big surprise
)

DAMN IDIOTS....they just keep lubricating the front shocks and saying that there is no noise but the minute i drive it away its back???

i'll let them know about looking into this. damn i've helped them fix more of my car then they have been able to diagnose themselves....go figure.

the way things are going....the 4sale sign is not too far away.....

(ok maybe not, but it gets frustrating u know? all i ask for is a competent honda tech...is that too much to ask for?)

[This message has been edited by starR (edited May 04, 2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts