Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just went to my first autox yesterday. it was only a practice event but its all good, just to get my feet wet. got myself wet also cos it decided to hail hahaha. oh well. it was pretty cool cars on the track with lights on and wipers going.. looked like some rally race. but anyways it was soo much fun. i recommend that everyone try it at least once. the adrenaline rush is awesome!

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
it was hailing? it says ur in LA tho... i dont remember hail yesterday in OC... hehe... that sounds totally awesome tho AutoXing in that kind of weather... were the RWDs slipping and slidin everywhere?!?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the event was near riverside. it was crazy. yes the RWD were sliding hahah it was so cool. there was this camaro ss tearing it up. so crazy but the fastest lap time that day was by a nissan sentra se-r. it was soo quick nimble

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
WTF? Which club was this?? Riverside?? I didn't know SoCal had 2 different autox clubs/events. www.solo2.com one was held at El Toro...rain? it didn't rain today...it was so nice out

You should come out to the ones at www.solo2.com with the rest of us prelude people...today's course was HUUUGE

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Matt, this event that sk515 was talking about isn't CalClub's event. The event was in Rialto organized by some other club. I think it's called Lone Pine something. I didn't go to that one, but I heard it was a great course.

------------------
Vincent
98 TypeSH
99 GSR Sedan
CSCC SoloII #107 STS
Team Vision
AIM: vwong107

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I had my first autocross today as well.....some fun stuff.</font>
pter, Pork Chop and i went to the SFR one today too, it was a blast

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99Prelude_LC:
If mods are like drugs, then i'm addicted to o0OO0o. He's my hero :D</font>

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vwong:
Matt, this event that sk515 was talking about isn't CalClub's event. The event was in Rialto organized by some other club. I think it's called Lone Pine something. I didn't go to that one, but I heard it was a great course.

</font>
Oops, it wasn't called Lone Pine. Lone Pine is actually later in May. The one yesterday was organized by Corvair Club.

------------------
Vincent
98 TypeSH
99 GSR Sedan
CSCC SoloII #107 STS
Team Vision
AIM: vwong107

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i went to the one by the corvair club, it was pretty coool. i think im addicted!

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ditto...HIya Ray.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
hey, i really want to do an autoX over the summer. u guys know when the next one will be in so cal? also, since i have ZERO suspension mod of any kind, would that put me waay back from everyone else or even not be allowed to play?

also, what is it really like? i know its a big area with cones, but is it really tight and twisty where u cant even get above 50 mph? or is it kinda long with a few turns like a mini grand turismo with cones? hehe man i really wana go now =)

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
Where's the details...do I gotta email your sorry arse again
?

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i think suspension mods will help but more importantly is the skill of the driver. yeah i dont think you get about 50 that much. its fun!!

oh yeah the size of the lane is probably wider than a normal lane. maybe about one and a half lanes.. something like that. depends on the course i guess

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sk515:
well i think suspension mods will help but more importantly is the skill of the driver. </font>
true, true!

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99Prelude_LC:
If mods are like drugs, then i'm addicted to o0OO0o. He's my hero :D</font>

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sk515:
well i think suspension mods will help but more importantly is the skill of the driver. yeah i dont think you get about 50 that much. its fun!!

oh yeah the size of the lane is probably wider than a normal lane. maybe about one and a half lanes.. something like that. depends on the course i guess

</font>
how long does one lap usually last around? and what speeds do u guys usually stay around in an autoX? also, are u racing with other cars in the track or is it 1 car 1 lap and stuff? sorry for all the questions

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
in the SS its not that bad cos usually just stay in 1st or 2nd gear. for our track the quickest time was like 56 sec. avg was about 1:05 1:07..

haha not sure about the speeds cos i wasnt lookin at the speedo.. but my guess is under 50. it really depends on the track.. we had a part with a fairly long straight away.. i had to shift to second.. but yeah usually you can run the track in 1st or 2nd

only one person runs at a time.

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
how long does one lap usually last around? and what speeds do u guys usually stay around in an autoX? also, are u racing with other cars in the track or is it 1 car 1 lap and stuff? sorry for all the questions

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 22, 2001).]
</font>
Length of the run varies...and of course, it depends on how good a driver you are
. I don't know how fast I go, because I'm too busy maneuvering around the course to look.

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
cool, thanks for giving me an idea how its like... i cant wait for the next so cal autoX. too bad ill probably still wont have suspension mods yet

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

1 - 20 of 32 Posts