Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone finally showed me how to take off the line with a V-TEC. He has a Civic SI with the V-TEC and he told me where I should be on the take off as far as RPMs go. I did a run, with the GTEC, and posted a 15.54 at 93 MPH, starting at 4K. Then he told me to start at 5K, he told me that the tires will squeal and that it will look like I will redline but the tires will catch right before redline and drop a little. Well, he was right the tires caught a little before redline so I still had some room in 1st gear when they caught. Needless to say I posted a better time and MPH, I got 15.27 at 96.3 MPH. He told me that the MPH was more like 93 MPH but the time was correct. So, I think I know what my car can do now with no modifications and I had all my stereo gear in it too, also he was riding with me at the time. Dang our ludes are quick for a four cylinder!!!!!!!

------------------
Militaryhorn

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
CONGRATS!!!
(?????????)

------------------
"drive fast, be yorself, and party till she's cute!

Originally posted by some canadian guy:
Like I said, Road trip - baseball bat

Originally posted by malken00:
Everyone has their own opinion, even if they're wrong.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I'm sure others will benefit from this post.. how bad was wheel spin though? Did you feather the clutch? I usually launch at 3500 rpms.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I did not feather the clutch, popped it straight out in each gear. This same guy beat me with his Civic SI, he ran a 15.01 with his Civic, so I think he can drive pretty good.

------------------
Militaryhorn

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry didn't answer the wheel spin question. The wheel spin wasn't too bad, it only lasted for a few seconds about from 5K to 7K. Then it squealed for about half a second from first to second. Oh one other thing he told me not to power shift, says it is not worth the repair you will have to do later on trans or engine.

------------------
Militaryhorn

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Hm...what kind of tires was on the SI? I would figure that wheelhop would determine the few seconds needed to beat someone off the line..especially if they just had a perfect connection with their tires and no hop.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts