Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY!!! ive been waiting forever to put on this mod! and now finally i have completed the list of my life long goal of performance mods! I AM DONE WITH MODING MY LUDE FOR PERFORMANCE!

i just got my 3 piece UR pullies installed! man is it awesome! i also feel its the best mod i have had besides the zex. low end was very noticeably stronger. especially around 2-3000 rpm range where SS ludes with I/H/E usually bogs and lacks power in. so now from a stop, my pull is stronger and alot smoother and constant with no bogs! its easy to see right away it also revs up alot faster too! pull is noticeably stronger mostly in the low end and a little all the way up to around vtec.

starting from a stop, as i slightly press down on the throttle, its pretty easy to get a bit of a wheel slip at the start. thats how much of a difference it made and my tires are in pretty good condition.

over all i am very impressed and like most r very happy with the gains!

only problem, if u consider it a problem, is that i can hear this noise from the engine cabin that was unfamiliar to me. it kinda sounds like a sheet of paper flapping in the wind. very subtle and get a tiny bit louder with righer revs.

i compared the stock crank and UR one and man theres a HUUUGE differnce in wiehgt! stocks probably like 12 lbs while the UR was like 5 lbs. the alt and pwr steering was also lighter but not as much of a difference as comparing the cranks.

inside the engine everything seems to run fine. all pullies rotate very smoothly and no sing of "lob-sided-ness" or anything that didnt look right.

so yea thats mainly is for now. i still have yet to really enjoy it since i only drive my lude on the weekends right now. i have roughly 13,000 miles right now. its gona take me a VERY long time to get up to where 71dsp found problems regarding the oil pump and bearings. so my mind has no worries at all and im loving this mod!

im finally done with my little "project" which i started like a month ago. after i get some pics of these pullies, ill show everyone everything of what me and ODL did over my spring break! lots of pics to come next weekend!

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
CURENT MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)

screen name: CBFORMULA

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
only problem, if u consider it a problem, is that i can hear this noise from the engine cabin that was unfamiliar to me. it kinda sounds like a sheet of paper flapping in the wind. very subtle and get a tiny bit louder with righer revs.
</font>
I think you should double check everything.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sounds like you enjoy your pulleys! I was told that the AEM pulleys dont do that much is that true, And where and how much do they cost? Thanks

·
Proud Daddy
4,863 Posts
Congrats.

You will enjoy them.

I have enjoyed mine.

------------------
Warren

93 Prelude VTEC N/A (lots of mods) [email protected]

00 Honda Accord SE (stock)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude Brotha:
Sounds like you enjoy your pulleys! I was told that the AEM pulleys dont do that much is that true, And where and how much do they cost? Thanks</font>
well to cut it short and straight to the point, yes UR frees up more power than the AEM.

i got it at summit racing... around $270ish

------------------

PERFORMANCE MODS:
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U

·
0 Posts
Congrats. Sounds like me when I first installed my underdrive pulley. I am really going to miss that mod......

Anyway, good luck with them.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by andrewdelvard:
Something interesting to look at NG...

http://www.unorthodoxracing.com/faq.html

</font>
thanks, i already read that before i bought it though

------------------

PERFORMANCE MODS:
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U

·
Registered
906 Posts
Once again...

Anyone interested in buying a complete set of UR pulleys for a 5th gen, I have a practically new set for sale, price is $250(plus shipping- which won't be much considering how small and light these things are) BUT that price also includes the 2 proper sized GATES belts too(that cost me almost $40). Not a bad deal. Great mod for the money- I wouldn't be selling them if I was staying NA either, but oh well- could use the money towards internals and injectors.

Email me "[email protected]" if interested.

·
Registered
666 Posts
hey ng luder:

where did you get your pullies installed??

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sk515:
hey ng luder:

where did you get your pullies installed??

</font>
premier autoworks:

give them a call if u want at 562-691-4071

address is 901 E. Lambert Rd, la Habra, CA 90631

------------------

PERFORMANCE MODS:
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U

·
Registered
666 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
premier autoworks:

give them a call if u want at 562-691-4071

address is 901 E. Lambert Rd, la Habra, CA 90631

</font>
how much did it cost to install. and how far away is that from west la?

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sk515:
how much did it cost to install. and how far away is that from west la?
</font>
install was about $150 for 3 pice pulley. if it was just that crank it would be $85 i think. a tiny bit expensive but they are really turstworthy and pretty well known in winning alot of competitions that u read about in magz. plus honda dealers often refer their customers there to fix stuff since they r all certified for everything.

im not sure how far it is from LA, just look it up on a map on yahoo or somthing, its pretty easy

------------------

PERFORMANCE MODS:
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U

·
Registered
666 Posts
haha yeah thanks dood.

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows