Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just finished lowering my car. I used some GC's with 400lb springs in front and 300lb in the rear. I also installed some Koni sports. The instalation was pretty straight forward, I used the instructions from the NTPOG website.

I had a problem with one of the rear struts though.
The nut on the bottom fork got stripped and then the bolt broke off in it. I had to cut that nut off and buy a new bolt and nut, just went to the local hardware store($1.70). Once that was taken care of everything was all good. No other problems.

The installation took about 4-5 hours. It was my first time so it took a little longer than it should have. The first front one I did took about 1 and a half hours and the other side took about 20 mins. The rear one that went in easy took about 20 mins and the other one took the rest of the time. Lunch break inbetween.

Right now I have it set with no wheel gap. The shocks are set with one turn from full softness. The ride is great. When I first drove it the shocks were set to full softness and there was some noise with the rear passenger one. Once I adjusted the shocks the noise went away.

I will post up some pics once I wash and wax the car. Should be up this week. Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I do have some noise coming from the back, mainly the passenger side. Most of it went away after I stiffened up my Koni's a bit. I am hoping it is just the springs rubbing on the rubber mounts. If so I think it will stop once they settle.:crosses fingers:

-edit- Any one have any comments on this?(71dsp)

[This message has been edited by rf7475 (edited April 28, 2001).]

·
Registered
997 Posts
How much do GC's cost?

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
PICS!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"drive fast, be yorself, and party till she's cute!

Originally posted by some canadian guy:
Like I said, Road trip - baseball bat

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No pics yet, have to get the dig. camera from work. It will have to be next weekend.

I got my GC's for 285 shipped from a group buy with SOHCpower and others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts