Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
EEEWOK!!!!!
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am just so excited I feel I MUST post my pics. :D I am hoping the car will be done within 2 weeks and that's being generous. I am really hoping it will be done next week. :rolleyes:

Oh, the break in period is going to be hard. GE says not to go over 3500 for the first 200 miles, then increase 500 RPM's for every 200 miles until you reach 1000. Ugh! I must be strong though :)

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
Ok to answer your question from the other forum I think you should definitely upgrade to an E trim. Since you are doing a full build you will probably run 15psi to 20psi. The t3/t04e 60 trim is a good size. It won't hit full boost to 4800 rpm or so. Efficiency starts around 12psi if I remember correctly. I can't say for sure how the clearance will be in the front with a Drag manifold. I run a Revhard manifold and had I kept the stock radiator, I would've had issues. With the C&R radiator though, I didn't have to trim anything. I run a t3 60-1 .82 a/r. At worst I am thinking you may have to get slim fans. Good luck to you and choose the right tuner......

·
Registered
928 Posts
maybe ill seen you there today im getting tuned by john i seen your car last time i was there hope you are on the road soon

·
Registered
526 Posts
What Bore size did you choose?

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
1,512 Posts
Good Job. I currently run a built motor and can tell you the break-in is treturious. Definately leave the turbo off (boost creeps like a ***** when your watching the tach, the speedo, and the boost guage, going uphill at night with an illegal turbo past millions of CHP Officers.) And take your time with it. Feel it. nurture it. And remember, The first oil change is the most important. And watch your fluids for consumption.

Enjoy! ANd do tell on what compression you went with. I'm the guinea pig for 9.0:1 + .5 cr drop in p&p. And can tell you its definately not fun.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
hey that looks just like my block did! GE sleeves and the 9.0/9.5:1 rollerwaves!! mmmmmm! is that 87 or 89mm? cylinder wall between bores looks a bit thinner than mine did. what rods did you go with? got all the other parts, bearings, gaskets, seals, bolts, etc etc etc needed to put it back together?

·
EEEWOK!!!!!
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bore size is 87mm and the builder says the compression ratio will be about 9.2:1.

anubyss- I think I have decided to upgrade the turbo and I am on the look out for one now. I am hoping to use Quaalude's tuning experience with the AEM and the tuner at the shop is pretty damn good so I am hoping to have a better tuning then the first time around. :rolleyes:

ziggity- when are you planning to be at the shop?

achemze- I think the break in is going to be the hardest part. Especially since I haven't driven it in so long but after all the money I spent, I am planning on doing it right!

schwett- I got the Eagle H-beam rods. The only other parts I need will be the bearings and the guy is going to measure for that this week. All other parts were bought a LONG time ago.

Now that the day is closer I am getting more and more impatient. If you guys think I forgot anything, please let me know! I'm trying to remember everything but, damn, there is a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
928 Posts
i seen your car today when i was tuned john said you were very excited when your block came in

are you going to the h-a meet for the dyno day at SS?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Cool deal, all your parts came in. I bet you can't wait to finally get your car back together. I also got my block back from GE not too long ago. I'm waiting for pistons to come in and still need to get rods, injectors, and a couple of misc. stuff. Congrats Nikki.

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
Was there an option to have the wrist pins upgraded to tool steel with those Endyn pistons? I am just wondering since I didn't know about it when I ordered my JE pistons. I ordered a set and they are currently being installed. I guess I'll find out what happened to the regular wrist pins when I go to the shop. Good luck to you.

·
EEEWOK!!!!!
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anubyss said:
Was there an option to have the wrist pins upgraded to tool steel with those Endyn pistons? I am just wondering since I didn't know about it when I ordered my JE pistons. I ordered a set and they are currently being installed. I guess I'll find out what happened to the regular wrist pins when I go to the shop. Good luck to you.
The option wasn't presented to me so I have no idea. I will definitely find out now though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts