Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay once and for all. In response to all of the camber kit threads out there lately, I have come up with this. If you are not lowered past 1.25" get any camber kit that you please. If you are past 1.25" then choose Specialty Products or the Progress camber kit for the front. Mostly any camber kit will do for the rear. Keep in mind that the Specialty Products and Progress kits that you always see are rubber kits. Ingalls does offer some polyurethane kits and brass kits as well. Ingalls 3558 has some major clearance problems with the fender. My Specialty Products kit has clearance problems, but they are not as bad as the problem with the Ingalls kit. If you are stuck with the Ingalls 3558 kit, then you will probably have to shave the top outer corner of the camber kit. The best prices that I have seen on camber kits is at groupbuycenter.com. Here are the adjustment ranges for each camber kit:

Front Kits-
Ingalls 3556 -1 to 3 degrees (don't use if you're past 1.25")
Ingalls 3558 1.75-4.25 degrees
Specialty Products 67135 -1.5 to 1.5 degrees (dont use past 1.5")
Specialty Products 67330 1.5 to 3.0
Progress Kit up to 1.5 degrees

Rear Kits-
Ingalls 3573 1.25 to 3.0 degrees
Specialty Products 67165 -1.5 to 1.5 degrees
Specialty Products 67360 1.5 to 3.0 degrees
Specialty Products 84954 up to 1.5 degrees
Specialty Products 67360 1.5 to 3.0 degrees
Specialty Products 84955 1.75 to 3.25 degrees

Type SH:
Front Kits-
Specialty Products 67155 -1.5 to 1.5 degrees
Specialty Products 67350 1.5 to 3.0 degrees

Rear kits- same as base model

I think thats all....... :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
I recommend buying specialty products camber kit....the progress hangs to high about the A arm and will hit more often than the specialty products kit. Also the cam can slip easier when tightened down. the spc kit is far supurior.

·
JDM turbo whore
1,797 Posts
flybyeludegettingirls said:
I recommend buying specialty products camber kit....the progress hangs to high about the A arm and will hit more often than the specialty products kit. Also the cam can slip easier when tightened down. the spc kit is far supurior.
how much would those cost and whats the difference between the 2 SH versions and where to get them

·
Registered
270 Posts
Why can't you use Ingalls 3556 kit if you lower it more than 1.25 inches in the front? The camber adjustment range is from -1 to 3 degrees so that basically means that it will add -1 to 3 degrees of camber. So if you want to maximize the 3556 kit, you should lower it about 2.6 inches which will produce about 3 degrees of negative camber, and with the camber kit you can set it so that you have 0 degrees of camber.

Also, for the rear camber kit, there is also the Ingalls #3571 kit, which adjusts it -.75 to 1 degrees of camber (this one is the one you should not use if you are lowered more than 1.25 inches and want no negative camber).

Also, does anyone know which camber kit is the best out there? I am going to install my Tein Type HA coilovers and I intend to lower it about 1 inch front and rear for the street (and use the Ingalls #3556 and #3571 kit to neutralize any negative camber). Then I plan to just lower the car 1 inch more for autocross, which will give me a little negative camber. It sounds good in theory, but has anyone actually tried this? Thanks.
~Nam

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey leggomyeggroll..do u play CS on the omaha server? hehe...cuz i see ure from texas too...just wondering...my CS sn is WRX-riceboy...its my bro's id..hehe
:)

·
Registered
226 Posts
The ingalls 3556 suk. They always hit even on little bumps. Now, I'm riding on Tein HA's and lowered till 2 finger gaps from stock rims, and my 3558 still never hits.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mugenbb6 said:
The ingalls 3556 suk. They always hit even on little bumps. Now, I'm riding on Tein HA's and lowered till 2 finger gaps from stock rims, and my 3558 still never hits.
how many inches is that drop? I know that at 1 finger gap the kit will hit.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
LilImportkid said:
are camber kits something that you can install and then they have to be adjusted?
you can install them, but it will require patience and time, and you will actually have to rent a ball joint press from a local auto parts store....and yes you will have to take your car for an alignment so they can adjust your camber kits and toe....you cannot adjust these at home unless you have a alignment machine...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Kits

Ok-so you are lowered. The rule is really simple--for each 1" of drop the Camber goes negative (-) 0.75 degrees. My car is on Neuspeed Sport springs and has the following camber kit setup: Front: Specialty #67135 (range of +/-1.5 degrees) and the rears are Ingalls 3571 on one side and 3573 on the other. (The chassis is absolutely square and the reason is that the tower bars and weight distribution contribute to the difference.)
The listing is very helpful-BUT-every car is different and only a trip to the alignment machine (laser preferred) isneeded to determine what you need.
I agree that some kits have contact problems, including the Specialty 67130 (now discontinued and replaced by the 67135). I indeed have dimples in the tops of the towers as there is very little clearance for the control arms under maximum compression of the springs.
Happy Luding

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey jc836 it's me Mister Prelude01 from AIM :) But yeah seriously people, after you drop your car and the springs settle get an alignment. Then you can check out my little list up there and what you need. Hope this helps everyone.....keep the comments/suggestions/questions coming.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts