Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything I can do about it? Do our cars have a clear coat that I'd have to go through to get to new paint? what can I do? I've got a buffer that I haven't ever used, what are my options short of a repaint?

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Have you tried anything so far? Polishing with the buffer and Meguiar's #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 should bring back the shine. Then follow up with a gloss enhancer or a glaze (3M Imperial Hand Glaze). Then throw on a coat or two of wax and she should look good as new (if not better!)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Red is one of those colors that looks awesome when its taken care of, but when it gets older and fades is heartbrakin. I think the next car i go with is gonna be white or silver (dependin upon the silver)

`knight

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
XilverKnight said:
Red is one of those colors that looks awesome when its taken care of, but when it gets older and fades is heartbrakin. I think the next car i go with is gonna be white or silver (dependin upon the silver)

`knight
lol..it think it'd be white for sure...when it fades...it fade and looks like white wall paint

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
JoeW said:
Have you tried anything so far? Polishing with the buffer and Meguiar's #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 should bring back the shine. Then follow up with a gloss enhancer or a glaze (3M Imperial Hand Glaze). Then throw on a coat or two of wax and she should look good as new (if not better!)
This is waht i would do except i would stick wiht Maguire's. Use Maguire's number 5 or 7 (whiweveer is the Glaze) and then the Yellow wax. I forget what color that is off hand.

I really wish i would have taken a pic of my CRX before I did it the other day. it was so dull and faded and gray. Now it is a beautiful glossy white. You would never even tell that the car is 13 years old. I even skipped the polish and just did cleaner and wax and it looks awesome.

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JoeW said:
I've tried just using some #7 cleaner wax. It seemed to help a little, but it could just be in my head.

Honestly it looks like the red on the roof and trunklid has a bit of a chalky appearance. It's not that it's dull, it's shiny and all. just like it has a white haze in the clear, it just lightens some spots.

I'll try to find some swirl remover tonight.

·
Third time is a charm.
1,144 Posts
yea red saddens me :(
all the top of my plastic pieces are a diff. shade, almost pinkish at some parts

i gotta try some of those products

1 - 7 of 7 Posts