Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a link for 5th gen factory recommended maintenance at the 7500, 10000, 12500 and 15000 marks?

------------------
Malken00
[email protected]

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did I say I did?

Nope, my car is at home and I want to order the stuff from work before I leave

------------------
Malken00
[email protected]

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any of you guys think the fuel filter might have something to do with hestitation? I am not sure what it is. But I have a little bit of it. When I go anywhere from 3000-4500 rpms, and hit the pedal down to the floor, it hesitates, then slowly goes up. Once in VTEC, it flies.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I dunno how to help you malken. But i also have hesitation at WOT at the vtec x-over. Its form my V-AFC settings. I need to get this thing on a dyno soon!

------------------

(.Y.) -You Like Boobs eh?
www.importheart.com

·
SuperMod
7,962 Posts
Would hesitation be the result of being too rich or too lean?

I thought it was being too rich, and that was why people lean out their mixtures with their VAFC's?

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
Any of you guys think the fuel filter might have something to do with hestitation? I am not sure what it is. But I have a little bit of it. When I go anywhere from 3000-4500 rpms, and hit the pedal down to the floor, it hesitates, then slowly goes up. Once in VTEC, it flies.
</font>
I know this isn't answering your question but have you seen how much of a B!tch it is to change your fuel filter? You might want to make that the LAST thing you try to get past your hesitation.

I have over 33K and I never had that hesitation your talking about.

·
Registered
76 Posts
(stops lurking)

Mine has started hesitating right around 3K RPMS. I'm hoping 46K service and a tune up will clear it up.

------------------
1997 Base Prelude (euc green)

Mods:

None.... Can't seem to stay out of trouble as it is......

[This message has been edited by EvilDongle (edited April 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
How much does a "tune up" at the dealer usually cost? When I got my 5gen it had 27k on it now it has 42k. Is there any regular maintanence work I should have done at the dealer?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I've had that hesitation sometimes too. It just randomly hesitate when I floor it. Sometimes it starts at 2k rpm other times it starts around 3k rpm. Lags all the way until I hit VTEC. I changed my fuel filter, no help. Bottle of injector cleaner, no help. New spark plugs, no help either.

But, my engine was tripping an EGR code in the past so I just decided to remove my EGR, it helped alot. The hesitation occurs less often now. But it still didn't get rid of the hesitation completely. I ordered a set of NGK wires today. Hopefully that'll fix my problem.

Or maybe try adjusting your valves?

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have the hesitation too, its always there in 1st and 2nd gear, if I shift to 2nd from 1st at low rpm(2k-3k), the car hesitates then slowly back to normal, the feel is just like you release the throttle for a bit then push it down again. And I have another problem, when I start the car from 1st, there's a lag, the RPM goes up REALLY slow from 1k - 3k, once it past 3k, it climbs fast as hell.

I tried many ways to kill the hesitation, I bought MSD ignition, Greddy spark plugs, Magnecore 8.5mm wires, a bottle of NOS made fuel injector cleaner, throttle cable adjustment. NONE of these helped. A few days ago I tried leaning out the fuel at low RPM range on my VAFC, from 1K - 4K, all the way -4, now the hesitation is almost gone, and low end pulls a little bit harder than before.

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

·
Registered
76 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BottleFedLude:
How much does a "tune up" at the dealer usually cost? When I got my 5gen it had 27k on it now it has 42k. Is there any regular maintanence work I should have done at the dealer?</font>

The 4?K service goes for about $350.00 by me but does not cover cap/rotor/plugs/wires. Add another $100.00 or so for those.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts