Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone!
My name is Matteo and I'm from Italy, I own a 5th gen Prelude 2.0i F20A4 engine, and I'm here asking for advice.
I love my car, but after two years I'm thinking about an engine swap.
Recently I found, near my place, an H22A5 from an other Prelude 5th gen, the engine seems to be complete, it has: intake manifold, distributor, engine harness, throttle body, alternator, injectors,starter, gearbox, clutch, exhaust manifold , shift leads, ECU, V-tech valve and switch console.
Does anybody have ever done a similar swap? Do I need something else? Or since the cars are pretty the same, the swap is more or less "plug and play"? For example, do I need to change the fuel pump?
Thank you for the responses.

· Registered
4,101 Posts
Hi,
I did the swap probably 20 years ago from the same engine to a H22 in my old 4g.
I'd advise you take the gearbox as well, the ratios are a little different from memory.

It was mostly plug and play, I think you need 3 extra wires for the ECU, one being the vtec signal wire but if you search here you'll find that information. Great to see people are still messing with Preludes, I wish I still had mine.

· Registered
4,101 Posts
This should help:

· Registered
4,101 Posts
I have a couple of questions: do you remember how much time did you take to do the swap? Do the h22a and the f20a4 have the same stock cat and catback?
No problem, I honestly can't remember about the header and cat back, I want to say yes it will be fine but I'm not 100% sure at all. I think I did mine in 2002 so a long long time ago.

I could pop the engine out in 5-10 hours even now I think, but the first time it will be slower. The split pins in the suspension will be a pain, the drive shafts also probably quite wedged in, after that its mostly accessories, cooling and wiring to disconnect and from memory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts