Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took a short trip around the block and wasn't wearing the seat belt so the seat belt light was and when I got on the car hard I noticed that my seat belt light would dim accordingly depending on how hard I got on it. Does anyone elses 5th Gen do this?

I don't believe any of the other lights dim but just the seat belt light. I'll have to check

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the irregular hesitation I get sometimes or if it's just a flaky buckle switch.

[This message has been edited by Stereodoc (edited April 25, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thewedge3:
Nope, but unplug the connector under the seat and extinguish the damn light for good!
</font>

I've been meaning to do that. Just can't seem to find the time.

How'd you get twice as many posts as me. The last time I knew we were almost tied.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nobody should ever have to look at that light.... cause you should ALWAYS BE WEARING YOUR SEAT BELT!!!!

seriously, you'll "take a short trip around the block," t-bone a soccermom who ran a stop sign in front of you in her SUV, and when your ass flies through the windshield that light will be the least of your worries.

·
Registered
725 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nobody should ever have to look at that light.... cause you should ALWAYS BE WEARING YOUR SEAT BELT!!!!

seriously, you'll "take a short trip around the block," t-bone a soccermom who ran a stop sign in front of you in her SUV, and when your ass flies through the windshield that light will be the least of your worries.
</font>
AMEN!!!

------------------
'00 Prelude
Black 5spd

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

</font>
my friend was sitting in her friend's ride and they were going like 15mph in a parking lot. they somehow t-boned another car which was going at around the same speed, and my friend basically flew through the windshield. just minor injuries there, but yeah, ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT AND WEAR IT PROPERLY.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
I'm a cheap bastard. What else can I do?
</font>

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey guys, I'm all for wearing seatbelts, wear mine 99% of the time but I do believe we should have a choice. Just like we have a choice to do other things to ourselves/others that are bad for us.... smoking, eating bad foods, drinking, driving our cars(smog),on an on... Let's not get too righteous here
. I really don't believe in government legislating my life, that said, I wear my seatbelt because it has been proven to save lifes in collisions. My personal choice. Peace out.

------------------
2000 Silver
Lovin' every km!!
http://www.hondaprelude.to

·
Registered
419 Posts
idk why but my car drives like **** when my seatbelt light is on.. it shifts like a btich and stalls easily, so like when i notice my car is running awkwardly, i automatically check my shoulder to see if my belt is on. my car loves me, ceases to move properly unless i'm buckled in safely. oh and my friends 2001 prelude's seat belt clipped off while i was hitting VTEC in it. that car hates me because its jealous.

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I get the point about wearing a seatbelt but I'm trying to determine why my light goes dim when I accelerate and why I have this weird hesitation problem that I have complained to my dumbass dealer about. I just want to know if there maybe a corelation or not. So if some of you could tell me if your seat belt light dims when you get on it I'd like to know. That way I can decide if this is normal or not and go back to the dealer and rip him a new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts