Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after getting my thermal exhaust, the DEEP tone started to cause stuff in my car to rattle. most noticable thing was the visors.

weird!

did you guys notice this? the temporary solution for me was to pull both down midway so that it stops rattling against the roof.

i tried putting a piece of cloth in between the roof and visors -- worked but it was annoying to have a that dumb cloth fall down when u pull the visor down. taping or somehow affixing the cloth onto the roof crossed my mind but that'd look pretty RETARDED.

i was thinking of getting round velcro stickies to hold these visors shut.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hm--I have not experienced that at any time. Sure you are clear underneath and that all the rubber bungs are OK? Then there is the q of whether the visors are actually tight on the mounts and pivots.
I have the cat-back on my 5th gen Base SS and the only thing I've done is remove the heat shield in the well above the muffler only. The forward tunnel and B-pipe shields are still there. The only thing that gets shook is my behind under load from the resonance of the exhaust.
The solution to the change in interior sound level and vibration is to install Cascade or Dynamat products. They have solutions for our cars. I am going to do the Cascade as it weighs less than Dynamat for nearly the same amount of dampening. That may be your only way to solve the problem.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

1 - 2 of 2 Posts