Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody in the SoCal area direct me to a sound measuring station for exhausts? I know I asked this about 6 months ago, but now that I'm back from my deployment, the court was nice enough to extend my correction date on my exhaust. I know that getting my exhaust measured for sound is an option, but I don't know if the court will accept that, or if I have to fix the exhaust outright.

I'd rather just bolt up a stock, 4th Gen Si exhaust, and be done with it, but I think I remember somebody mentioning a decibel measuring station in Fullerton, CA...is this true? Does anybody have contact info for this place? I need to go to court on the 30th, so I need to act fairly soon.

Also, does anybody know if I actually have to waste time going into court on Monday, or if I can just take the fix-it ticket to the clerk's office, where everybody pays their fines/fees, and pay them there? I have Friday off, so if I could get everything done then, that'd be LOVELY.

Thanks a ton, everybody,
Jason

·
Registered
163 Posts
i say fuggit, bolt up the stock, then have a cop sign off the fix-it ticket, take it to the clerk, pay the 10 bucks, leave, go home, bolt up the good stuff, youre back in action... good luck man

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^Bump! Time's running out.

J

·
woop woop!
3,697 Posts
I think you can get a DB test at the state ref. My friend got a ticket to see the state ref and they did the db test on his exhaust i believe.

If it's just a fix it ticket... I think you just need to get it signed off by a cop and than give it to the judge and thats it.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any last minute suggestions, since it's sunday? I'm about to call local muffler shops and just have them weld on a "stock-looking" muffler.

J

·
woop woop!
3,697 Posts
Just putting a temporary stock exhaust back on or that ^ seems like the simplest chioce... just fix what needs to be fixed... get it signed off, put your aftermarket exhaust back on and be on your way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts