Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1995 VTi-R 5spd
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed this a while ago (pitured below flat spot on exhaust manifold) do you think this will affect the performance badly?

Also HERE are some pic I took while changing the transmission oil.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just as long as there is no puncture you should be straight... It doesnt look like it has severed the air flow.

But heated and cooled over and over again will weaken it, not to mention rusting...I would look to get it replaced.

But for right now you are okkie dokkie

·
1995 VTi-R 5spd
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THUNDERCAT98 said:
Just as long as there is no puncture you should be straight... It doesnt look like it has severed the air flow.

But heated and cooled over and over again will weaken it, not to mention rusting...I would look to get it replaced.

But for right now you are okkie dokkie
Cool! Thanks THUNDERCAT98 :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
It doesn't look that bad, and I imagine it won't give you any troubles for quite some time. Just keep an eye on it, but then again if it ever did open up you would know.

·
1995 VTi-R 5spd
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BoYgUaN said:
looks ok but damn that car is rusting
Heheh, that's what I thought but its actually just dirty.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
ahh dont worry about it, i have the same exact thing but a little more noticeable on my mugen header....no problems at all....just a lil pissed off that a $975 header is all dented...:sad:

·
Registered
381 Posts
no, mine looks like that and my car runs just fine. remember, there's actually another pipe inside there, so the inside pipe is probably not damaged at all. at least it wasn't on mine. (and how do i know? because i drilled through the outside pipe so i could fix the 2000 rpm rattle!)

·
Registered
385 Posts
MugenPoweredLude: Hey bro, cant you get that dent knocked out or remasked or something to give it back its original form?

I might be a pain in the ace, but when you drop dam near a grand on a header i would be trying close to anything to get it back into original condition.

·
1995 VTi-R 5spd
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't really noticed any drop in power. So I guess its still ok.

Might put aside a weekend and clean up the underneath of my car.

·
the satisfier
808 Posts
I had the same car like yours a while back a 1989 2.0Si (not 4WS tho). I once hit a big rock and dented the exhaust pipe EXACTLY like yours. Nothing happened. It drove and sounded just the same. But the rock also hit further in the back and dented the gas tank. A couple days later I got stucked on a highway because the dent was so big that it blocked the gas flow (while the fuel gauge still showed 1/4 full). :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts