Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 99 base on teins ss. My Apexi Ws2 tends to scrap often. I looked over preludepower,preludeonline,and preludezone and havent really found a great asnwer to slove the problem. I bought new hangers and it actually helped a lot but not enough any ideas wat i could do next? besides bringin it to a muffle shop??

Thanks in advances

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
yeah not much you can do, even if you reweld the hangers there's not much room to move it up before you start burning your rear lip or hitting the heat/noise shields.

what's your wheel gap? tucked?

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
If your car is lowered raise it up?

Other than gotta reweld the hangers.
yep, this is basicly all you can do. My exhaust only scraps going up and down my driveway or going over big speed bumps

·
Registered
175 Posts
hey guys i have a 99 base on teins ss. My Apexi Ws2 tends to scrap often. I looked over preludepower,preludeonline,and preludezone and havent really found a great asnwer to slove the problem. I bought new hangers and it actually helped a lot but not enough any ideas wat i could do next? besides bringin it to a muffle shop??

Thanks in advances
I have the exact same set up with the same year and everything...I put new rubber hangers and it helped but with the apexi all that can be done is having a muffler shop cut and retack the hangers. I have found that the hangers are too long on the exhaust and need to be shortened.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Its the exhaust, my WS scraped a ton as well, actually it scraped so much I wore a hole in my resonator after a couple years. From what I remember their N1 is the same way, my Tanabe SHM barely ever rubbed and the car was the same height with both exhausts.

BTW my muffler and tip sat just as they should, it was the mid pipe that was too low so there was no real way to raise it. If you moved the mid pipe higher the tip would have rubbed on the OEM rear skirt.

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts