Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno whats going on...I'll be driving...and all of a sudden the radio goes dead. I check and its the fuse...I've blown 4 already. I don't understand how zetas would affect the radio/clock but it certainly does cuz when i disconnect the zetas they don't blow. I checked to see if there were any exposed wires on the zeta (i extended the wires about a foot w/some solder and wire) and there wasn't any. other than that I did the simple plug and play for the zetas and grounded them on a hole in the strut area inside engine bay. ANyone offer any ideas?

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
well see what fuses are on your zeta kit. They should be 15 amps if they arent then change them. then check your radio fuse. if it still blows hmmm change the ground on the zetas. i would do that anyways. also are they in the right way. green is the constant and black is not. well anwyays if the radio fuse still blows make it a 15. that little bit wont make a big difference it wont explode anything but never do a big jump in fuse sizes.

------------------

aLwAyS lOoKiNg To Go FaStEr
2000 Crystal Blue Base Prelude
OEM Body kit
AEM CAI
EIBACH PROKIT
Dc Front Upper Strut Tower Bar
Dc Rear Lower Strut Tower Bar
Mobil One Synthetic 5w-30
AUDIO:Alpine 7965 CD deck,Mtx Thunder 304 @ 375 Watts, Mtx Thunder 302 @ 400 Watts Powering A 12 Inch Mtx 8000, and Alpine 12 Disc Cd Changer

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have no clue what "zetas" are but why not just run a 16 gauge power wire from the battery with an inline fuse and an independant ground of the same gauge so you aren't on the radio/clock/etc circuit?

------------------

On the prowl for some booty and blowin VTEC dust in the direction of the busters

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought u were supposed to just replace the 20amp fuses that were originally there into the new catz inline fuses. Additionally, when i lengthened the wire...i used a thicker gauge wire than what was originally on the catz zetas...could that be the problem? I will try to relocate the ground to a different area.

On the zetas i put the green wires in the middle facing each other as per the instructions provided by ppl on this board.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

1 - 4 of 4 Posts