Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those that have seen under my hood know everything is oil brown. I called a few Honda dealers and found out the one in Arlington (Vandergriff) will do an engine washing for about $30. (cause Simple Green isn't going to cut it)

Thought I'd share. Anyone done this? I'm assuming it's safe because it's Honda, but .... :shrug:

Plus, I'm bored at work and posting is fun. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
awww.. no one wants to post in Jami's thread.

um... for those of you that have an oil leak that you can't find, I'd recommed this. Hell, for $30 I might have my beater cleaned! :laugh:

·
Registered
880 Posts
GemChick said:
Those that have seen under my hood know everything is oil brown. I called a few Honda dealers and found out the one in Arlington (Vandergriff) will do an engine washing for about $30. (cause Simple Green isn't going to cut it)

Thought I'd share. Anyone done this? I'm assuming it's safe because it's Honda, but .... :shrug:

Plus, I'm bored at work and posting is fun. :bigthumb:
yea vandergriff will be fine. i got my prelude from them and they washed the engine too. but that was when vandergriff was over at division in north arlington, years ago.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
^um.. google Steam Cleaning Engines and tell me what you find :nono:

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
umm i would think twice about this. I got mine cleaned at Honda once and the car ran like crap. I had to replace the plugs/wires and distributor cap because there was water in them. Then they said it ran bad because of my vafc not because they accidentally got water in my wires. I would just make sure you watch them do it and start it up in front of the mechanic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts