Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i swap two h23 engines. on from a 93 auto went into a 92 manual. both si. i'm not getting any spark and there are a couple of extra connectors that can't go anywhere and i need help! please guys, give me some troubleshooting advice.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
well you should have NO extra connectors. WHere are these connectors? What harness did you use?? hmmm, actually now that i thinl about it more, there were a few wires that were for the auto tranny, i have never hooked up an auto tranny but i believe one of the wires was white. thats all i can tell about that. Give a little more information on the extra plugs. Wire colors and how many pins.

·
KG6TWI
1,796 Posts
Are you using the JDM harness?
Are you using the S dist or the Si, JDM?

JDM distrubiters have internal coils, whereas the USDM versions have external. If you using the USDM harness, on the JDM motor, with the JDM dist, you would have extra wires and the car wouldnt start.

I used my Si dist on the VTEC motor no problems, but if I remeber correctly, the S dist doesnt fit on the H series motors and you have to add/delete some wires to make it work. [SUB[EX] would be able to help you with that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the one the engine went into is a 92 usdm si, the one the engine came out of is a 93 si, and i think it's usdm as well. i will go back to the shop where we are working on it today and find out exactly what connectors we are talking about

1 - 4 of 4 Posts