Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose anyone know of any engine shop that work on Honda engines in Maryland or Northern VA

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to get rought price on installing my cams/retainers/springs.Plus I want to get a ideal on how much it would cost also to put in new pistons.I have the cams/retainers/springs.I might buy these type S pistons w/rings for 390.00.If the labor is not to much money.Any help would be great.

Thanks Chica

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LUDECHICA:
I want to get rought price on installing my cams/retainers/springs.Plus I want to get a ideal on how much it would cost also to put in new pistons.I have the cams/retainers/springs.I might buy these type S pistons w/rings for 390.00.If the labor is not to much money.Any help would be great.

Thanks Chica
</font>
DAMN girl thats long list of stuff, more then me
hahahaha Id recommend Extreme Motorsports, they will do top notch work, but will bend u over on their labor prices, and they have a dyno. EIP tuning is ok, there kind of shady, but they have a dyno. Altered atmosphere is a really good shop, they have a dyno also i would probably go to Altered, i think they have the experience, and wont bend you over on pricing.

BTW what kind of cams and valve train are u getting? I am installing a set of crower stage 2's in like 2.5 weeks, with my cousin.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Registered
233 Posts
If I was gonna do any major engine work, it would be at InlinePro. They are located in springfield VA and they do great work on hondas. actually, they specialize in forced induction. They have numbers to prove their work. They have 3 11Second daily drivers.

------------------

·
Registered
420 Posts
Go with Altered Atmosphere..

they have 2 turbo 5g Preludes' there now, they know what they are doing! Here's there Number: 301-330-8835 ask for Mike, he's the owner!

good luck...
vnt

------------------

1997 Prelude VTEC "Mods"
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by vntperformance (edited May 02, 2001).]

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help guys,But do I have to do anything else to put in the pistons/cams/retainers/springs

·
Registered
86 Posts
Chica,

Inline pro and Extreme motorsports will warrenty work. Altered Atmosphere will blow you engine on the dyno, how many cars have they blow on the dyno.. a few... I know alot of the people there but they are good with Supra's and 3000gt/stealth cars. NOT hondas. They dont put in VAFC correct, You spend 100 on the dyno and it still isnt tuned correct. Trust me I know. And for the sloppiness of their work, its not worth the price. You pay extra because you get extra at Extreme and Inline Pro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts