Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some engine blocks that have been resleeved and built up with turbo internals. My problem is I don't know if these blocks are compatible with my 95 4th gen prelude H22A1. Will a JDM H22A block be able to swap and work with my existing tranny and cylinder head. How about a 97-01 block? H23A1?
What are my options of blocks that I can replace my existing H22A1 with and what modifications might I need to do if needed, thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The difference between H23 blocks and H22 blocks is that H23 blocks are closed decks while the H22 blocks are open decks. The difference between the 2 is the stroke, compression, and V-tec head. I would go w/ the H23 block, its stronger. Or just put a block guard in the H22 deck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The difference between H23 blocks and H22 blocks is that H23 blocks are closed decks while the H22 blocks are open decks. The difference between the 2 is the stroke, compression, and V-tec head. I would go w/ the H23 block, its stronger. Or just put a block guard in the H22 deck.
I believe that the H22A1 (USDM) is closed deck, the A4 is open deck.

·
H22-Turbo 4WS Beast
1,384 Posts
A4 is open, all other H22's and H23's are closed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts