Honda Prelude Online banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Does anyone know if Energy Suspension even makes motor mount inserts for the 97-01 prelude? I've only found information on the 92-96.

I need a part # for the 97-01 prelude motor & tranny mount inserts...

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Xx D-MAN xX said:
So the 4th gen set will work in the 5th gen engine motor mounts?
My old ones are in a 5thgen right now ;)

71dsp said:
No, I just told you to buy it for the hell of it. :laugh: You really think I'd tell you to buy them if they didn't fit??

A little seaching goes a long way....
OT: :eek:

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Hey Doug, you coming over to do any work anytime soon? I thought that someone had made an appointment with you.

Anyway, 4Gen inserts WILL work in the 5Gen, no problem. :)

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
71dsp said:
Anyway, 4Gen inserts WILL work in the 5Gen, no problem. :)
Thanks for the clarity! I justed wanted to be sure before buying them that's all...

·
Registered
214 Posts
can someone specify which site and what part number it is for the front and rear?? ok now im confused. i just called summit and they told me energy suspension doesnt make any rear motor mount inserts, only the fronts for ~$32. for those of you who bought these, did you guys buy both the front and rear or jsut the fronts?? also, anyone here with a 5g running both front and rear?? are both front and rear from energy suspension?? if so how much did you spend and which website?? part number too thanks. sorry for all teh questions.

·
Banned
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
can someone specify which site and what part number it is for the front and rear??
Dunno.

for those of you who bought these, did you guys buy both the front and rear or jsut the fronts??
The set comes with front and rear.

also, anyone here with a 5g running both front and rear??
yes.

are both front and rear from energy suspension??
yes.

if so how much did you spend and which website??
$30 InlineFour.com
http://store.yahoo.com/twincamtech/ensusmotmoun.html

part number too thanks.
Just order from inlinefour or a similar company.

·
Registered
214 Posts
thank you paul, just ordered mine. so does the car shake violently?? seems like everyone likes this mod even with all teh vibration. does it only vibrate at idle?? and how bad? can u hear it with the radio on or is it mostly the feeling than the sound.

·
Banned
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
so does the car shake violently??
It's not that bad.

does it only vibrate at idle??
Pretty much.

and how bad?
It's bearable.

can u hear it with the radio on or is it mostly the feeling than the sound.
Little bit of both. The radio drowns out the sound obviously but you still feel it at idle.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I know this is bumping a rediculiously old thread but would like some more info...

Those of you who did just the front, was it worth it?

I plan on using my lude eventually as a DD and I do not want to deal with crazy amounts of vibration, there's no getting used to it for me, i hate when my car feels like its gonna shake itself apart. But, if the front only offers a fairly decent performance gain with little to no vibration to speak of, its worth looking at...

·
IM LOVIN IT!!!
2,339 Posts
I know this is bumping a rediculiously old thread but would like some more info...

Those of you who did just the front, was it worth it?

I plan on using my lude eventually as a DD and I do not want to deal with crazy amounts of vibration, there's no getting used to it for me, i hate when my car feels like its gonna shake itself apart. But, if the front only offers a fairly decent performance gain with little to no vibration to speak of, its worth looking at...

Paul just answer your Q's below.. I DID the front/back & is NOT BAD AT ALL..

it forsure don't feel like your car is shaking itself apart.

so does the car shake violently??
It's not that bad.

does it only vibrate at idle??
Pretty much.

and how bad?
It's bearable.

can u hear it with the radio on or is it mostly the feeling than the sound.
Little bit of both. The radio drowns out the sound obviously but you still feel it at idle.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts