Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

ENEOS - Products

okay so i'm sure most of you have heard of ENEOS by now. revolutionary synthetic oil said to be the best of the best and dyno proven to actually increase horse power.

has anyone used this product?

pros?

cons?

any help would be great because i'm making the switch from Mobil 1 to some ENEOS 5w-30 next week.

and what Oil Filter is recommended w/ this switch? i've heard i should use either Mobil 1 Oil Filters or AEM... any thoughts?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i have read many things online about ENEOS. a buddy of mine owns a shop near me and he swears by it. he has a Skyline and runs ENEOS and has seen a huge difference. i also know several Subaru owners that have made the switch to ENEOS and have noting but good things to say.

i'm trying to find luders that have used it so i know what to expect

·
Lurkist
4,867 Posts
Huge differences in what way? Is there any 3rd party proof of improvement over other oil?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a miracle.

Still, I'd like to see what it does for your car. Get to the dyno!!!! :p
i know. i wish i had the loot to piss away on a before and after dyno run

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
^There are just so many variables that could account. I would not trust this oil for anything more than oil.

Do you suffer long term effects for the cost of a few hp right now? Until I see blackstone results and not some infomercial about the stuff, I would be very skeptical.

Did that first video say 5 hp for 250ish hp?? That's less than 2% gains.

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
^2% isn't a big deal considering dyno inconsistencies.

·
Lurkist
4,867 Posts
The 'before' oil was probably black and taken right out of the freezer before the dyno run.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you look at most of the reviews they are from non biased parties. all i'm sayin is that even if its a 2% gain it's from doin a simple oil change. i've priced it and it's about $6.99 per qt. Mobil 1 is about the same price.

i'm gonna see if i can get my boy to let me have 2 dyno runs per oil cheap.

Mobil 1 vs. ENEOS

·
Lurkist
4,867 Posts
if you look at most of the reviews they are from non biased parties. all i'm sayin is that even if its a 2% gain it's from doin a simple oil change. i've priced it and it's about $6.99 per qt. Mobil 1 is about the same price.

i'm gonna see if i can get my boy to let me have 2 dyno runs per oil cheap.

Mobil 1 vs. ENEOS
I think the point of the 2% argument is that dynos are inconsistant enough for the 2% gain to not really be all that extraordinary. One dyno might show a 2% gain, while another can easily show a 2% loss.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JDM ftmfw bro!! lol... just playin

it's fukkin synthetic and seems to be slightly better than Mobil 1 so ENEOS it is on my next oil change.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
This month's import tuner magazine did a power pages with Eneos oil and it showed a hp and torque improvement over baseline. I also saw it pull an improvement in a previous issue with an EVO X

I used Motul motor oil once. I felt like such a badass because I was driving around with over $40 of oil in my pan. Then the day the oil change came, I never went back to it :(

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
okay so i went out and bought a case of ENEOS today for $42 (6qts)... and i'm making the switch as we speak...

lude is draining and will be runnin ENEOS in no time. i'll post any difference if i notice any. the biggest thing i'm hoping for is less oil burn during VTEC

·
Registered
197 Posts
Im still a Mobil 1 user. Maybe I should check this out

1 - 20 of 20 Posts