Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 prelude base jdm H23A swap accord 5spd swap adj coilovers sloted cross drlled rotors
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im almost to the point where i just want to set this car on fire to kill the gremlins but i know that wont help, so here i am lookin for help. Charging system's not charging... (New alternator and optima red top.) Keeps blowing #14 fuse but i cant find a short to ground. Turn key to on, battery light and brake light are dimly lit. Pull parking brake and battery light goes out and brake light lights up. Turn headlights on, Left lb head light doesnt come on (new bulb). with headlights on left blinker doesnt work. All this happened at the same time as far as i can tell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2001 prelude base jdm H23A swap accord 5spd swap adj coilovers sloted cross drlled rotors
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok new development... Disconnect the gauge cluster replace #14 fuse and charging system works. Still no left low beam. Without gauge cluster no blinkers at all. Im guessing because the indicator lights arent there to complete the circuit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is not a very active forum, so you might want to post this on the Honda-Tech site as well. Do you have the Electrical Manual for this model year?? Fuse #14 is to the ECU. I think it's posted somewhere here on the site. The manual provides very detailed approaches to determining faults. It would most def help you to trace out what faults are possible. Bad grounds are mentioned many times on this site. The symptoms you describe suggest a wiring harness problem. Could damage have occurred during the swap (maybe wires too near a hot source or maybe got chaffed??)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts