Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of threads on how to clean the EGR ports. My car failed smog miserably, but my EGR valve works just fine. It has to be that the ports are clogged. My problem is that I have an H22A1 intake manifold, so the ports are welded over. How should I go about cleaning the ports? Thanks.

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
If your IM is off, then clean it like that through the EGR valve openings and the intake ports.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your IM is off, then clean it like that through the EGR valve openings and the intake ports.
That won't help. There are openings under the welded ports that go strait down into the runners. Those are what is blocked. There's no getting around drilling. That's what I'll be doing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ports

i have the same question im planning on doing the cleaning soon but dont know how to approach this, my intake man. is still on the motor, and in the car, any other way...

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
Drill and then tap the holes and put some allen-headed plugs in so in the future it will be an easier procedure.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Drill and then tap the holes and put some allen-headed plugs in so in the future it will be an easier procedure.
X2 That's what I will do when ever I get around to it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts