Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm about to play on my 'lude: ported head. Headers. Cams and so on... And thought that by putting some cams. Do I need to buy a new increased ECU? simply Chip it? or it doesnt matter at all keeping the original ECU?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meh ! Rather pay 50$ more and make it myself in a shop near me and have it in hand right away.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you mean having the wrong wiring? Better make it up and installed by professional than buying something I dont even know it'll fit.

·
Small Town Hick
1,042 Posts
HA Motorsports are amateurs. Dont buy from them.

No seriously -- Here is a quick store about the quality of service at HA Motorsports. A couple of years ago I purchased an ECU from them. Took my ECU to the local tuner, had it chipped and installed. Tuner comes back says there is something wrong with your ECU. Preparing for HA Motorsports to tell me the test every ECU and that my tuner screwed up, I placed the call anyway. The told me to ship it back to them and I did. The called me said it is working fine, however we are going to leave it on the test bench over night. The next morning I get a call stating there is a glitch with it, they sent me a new/updated ECU.

While you may not be buying an ECU from them, I bet they would stand behind a wiring harness just the same.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
No seriously -- Here is a quick store about the quality of service at HA Motorsports. A couple of years ago I purchased an ECU from them. Took my ECU to the local tuner, had it chipped and installed. Tuner comes back says there is something wrong with your ECU. Preparing for HA Motorsports to tell me the test every ECU and that my tuner screwed up, I placed the call anyway. The told me to ship it back to them and I did. The called me said it is working fine, however we are going to leave it on the test bench over night. The next morning I get a call stating there is a glitch with it, they sent me a new/updated ECU.
what are you complaining, thats pretty good customer service

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and how much do you think it will cost that some professional makes you that conversion jumper harness :laugh: my bet is 300
Well your bet is wrong. 'cause they're actually doing everything for 300$. Harness & Chipped ECU

1 - 20 of 26 Posts