Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Small Town Hick
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
has anyone ran into a black wire with silver stripe around the wire in the postion of A4 on the ECU harness? i thought i may be reading it wrong and flip it over. there is still a wire there, its a red wire with silver stripe around it. i got the D6 wire installed, just waiting on the A4.

do i splice my green/yellow wire into this black/silver ring wire?

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
A4 SHOULD be either a blank hole, or a grn/yel wire for the VTEC solenoid.

"silver" is not a color used by Honda (it isnt listed anywhere in the Helms manual). I don't see any black/wht or red/wht wires listed for ANY of the ECU plugs (A,B, or D)

·
Small Town Hick
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i pormise its a black wire with a silver stripe around it. i am going from the h23 to the h22.

i thought about ripping it out. but then i figure that would be bad. i thought about splicing into the wire, but i am affraid to that i would fry my ECU.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Here are the colors of ALL wires in the OBD1 "A" ECU plug. (ALL Honda's, regardless of model or trim level):
(in numerical order)

1. brn
  2. yel
  3. red (1)
  4. grn/yel (h22 only)
  5. blu
  6. orn/wht
  7. grn/blk (1)
  8. grn/blk (2)
  9. blk/blu
  10. (none)
  11. red (2)
  12. blu/red
  13. blu/wht
  14. (none)
  15. red/blu
  16. wht/grn
  17. pink (except F22)
  18. orn/red (auto only)
  19. wht (except f22)
  20. red/grn
  21. yel/grn (1)
  22. yel/grn (2)
  23. blk (1)
  24. blk (2)
  25. yel/blk
  26. blk/red
    [/list=1]

different wires with the same color have been given a number to distinguish them (yel/gen (1) and yel/grn (2) are not the same)

·
Small Town Hick
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my my numbers 3 and 4 are both black with a silver dot on them. i have not checked them all against what red92s posted.

i think what i will do is do the install as normal, and not hook up the green/yellow wire. then once the car is started i will disconnect the "mystery wire" and see if i get a code. if not then i will plug in the green/yellow wire. i wish i had a good digitel camera to take pictures too post.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Make sure you are looking at the connector in the right orientation. It seems you might be confusing #'s 23 and 24 (the two black wires) with #'s 3 and 4. Both pairs of wires fall one pin away from opposite ends of the plugs.

If that dosnt work, check all the wires against what is posted above and let me know any differences.

·
Small Town Hick
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
According to red92s write up and the diagram provided in the write up... I assume I was looking at the harness the correct way. Although when I invert the harness all the wires line up. I have not tried to plug it into the ECU, so maybe that will prove that I am the daftest member on PO.com. :rolleyes: I still have a little while to go before the swap is finished. I will let you know if my car is the odd ball, or if I am just daft.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Just as a note, the diagram in the write-up (also the one posted above) is an inverted version of the one found in the helms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts