Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=63064

i found this thread just now. i did a search on po but didnt come up with anything, so i figured it would be interesting. aparently we can use the stock eclipse setup when turboing our car, just need to redrill the holes. sounds like a diy cheap turbo dream.

·
Unregistered
5,760 Posts
preludepower.com has some nice documentation on that frankenstein turbo setup... a guy supposedly has it working on his, but no pics to prove it.

someone even posted side by side pictures of an H series header with an eclipse header with the holes modified to match up with the stock prelude header

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
irishpilot said:
it may be ghetto but for the $$$ this could be really sweet. Especially when you only want to run low boost on stock internals.
You're not listening.... it's not that it's easy and cheap, because it is. The negative part of it is that it risks your entire engine.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if the ports line up then how does it risk anything? redrilled holes arent going to cause any problem, its not like your putting a large slice they are only slightly off. even if it wasnt designed for us, like irish pilot said it would probabbly be fine on stock internals low boost.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
-also.

-this would be good for me since sometime i may like to boost my car and run like 5-6 psi. a cheap setup could be nice.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Hmm, good point. Well, my buddy only wants to run 5 PSI in his H22a EK hatch so this may be perfect for him. He used to have a DSM pumping out 300ish HP, so he's not afraid of turbos....
We'll have to look into it. Anyone else?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I thought this frankenstein setup was only for the h23?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i managed to hydrolock my motor, so if i can i might just rebuild or swap it and do this at the same time. i might put in an h23 bottom end so id be the first frankenstein motor with frankenstein turbo!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
hey tastyratz... that would be a great setup:D

With the H23 bottomend/H22 Head you have a 9.3:1 compression which is great for keeping detonation down on stock internals.

h23tuner: If you do this please let us know:D I am very excited next year to do this before I do my H23vtec hybrid

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
hey eahillen,

I have been researching this for the past week and I am going to do this setup next year for sure:bigthumb:

Check out www.preludepower.com for some good info

My parts list I have so far:
DSM 2nd gen mani w/ T 25 turbo
1st gen BOV
450cc DSM injectors
Side mount IC
custom piping
MSD 6a w/ boost timing retard and blaster coil
Vafc--use the vafc hack for engine managment
Boost,A/F,oil pressue guages ---EGT?

anyone else have anything to add to the list?
Would I be better with a FMU rather than the Vafc hack?
How does an EGT warn you of detonation? With the Vafc is the A/F worthless and just for looks? is adding another O2 sensor
possible? If so how would it be wired?

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks irishpilot,

does the 1st gen manifold work? i looked them up on ebay and i found one for a 4g63, but its for 1st gen, i asked the seller if it would work on a 2nd gen, he said yes it works with any 4g63, is this true or a lie?
let me know, thanks

- Eric

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.