Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Has anyone purchased some of these? They look good to me.
i'm waiting for the right moment. supposedly a group buy may be sponsored here to be able to get them for $150 shipped.

the only thing that makes them different from JDM (other than being offered in amber and smoke :p) is they do not have a bulb shroud inside the housing. If light output is crappy i plan on making my own from some sheet metal; small enough so they would fit through the bulb hole. :)

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
^Output is crappy from the real JDM driving lights.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Thanks, I'm gonna save up for the JDM's.
he means that JDM's have crappy light output themselves.

"JDM's" aren't true foglights themselves. the way they're made they don't really pierce the fog and just simply light up the immediate area in front of the car. hence why they are actually called "daytime driving lights." the other JDM fog light options (the one with the small round lenses) act better as fog lights than the full size JDM's.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Fog lights are supposed to have a wide flat beam. Idea is to light up the road just in front below the fog. Driving lights (which I have heard the JDM's called) are actually supposed to supplement high beams, so they need to be bright.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i think im gonna have to buy those next week, ill let you guys know how well they work, cus i have the usdm fogs and to be honest i hate them, i cant even notice the light coming outta them. i dont see why not try these out, anyone agree? also, someone on craigslist in my area had "jdm" fogs for sale. they look like the usdm ones with a yellos capsule, so if anyone wants to know about them let me know

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i think im gonna have to buy those next week, ill let you guys know how well they work, cus i have the usdm fogs and to be honest i hate them, i cant even notice the light coming outta them. i dont see why not try these out, anyone agree? also, someone on craigslist in my area had "jdm" fogs for sale. they look like the usdm ones with a yellos capsule, so if anyone wants to know about them let me know
yeah those are JDM. us got white lenses, japan got white and yellow.

and if you'd risk those ebay ones you'll be a trooper. :bigthumb:
i don't have the money to burn to take the risk, so this'll help decide.

·
The Cheeze
1,704 Posts
damn, why the f weren't these around 3 years ago when i paid out my ass for the real ones. Ugh. These look nice.

·
Registered
291 Posts
im gonna be picking them up with my tax return..so i will let you all know how they work..also..what color is better the yellow smoke or clear?? imo i would go with clear to keep it true jdm..what do u guys think?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
im gonna be picking them up with my tax return..so i will let you all know how they work..also..what color is better the yellow smoke or clear?? imo i would go with clear to keep it true jdm..what do u guys think?
"true JDM." :laugh: (no offense, just sounded funny considering the circumstances; it'll be easy to label them as knock offs. get them for their purpose.)

i have a similar plan whenever i get around to doing my taxes. i also want the clear and am going to buy yellow lamin-x so i can choose when and if. and not be stuck with a colored lens.

·
Filipino Luder
183 Posts
nice find!!! i also have the JDM fogs but for this price i would have gotten this if they had it available back then, its better looking than the plastic or the USDM fogs and bout the light output! who cares it barely fogs ( and if does i dont know if it really helps that much) here in upstate ny at least, and with my retrofit my JDM fogs are my DRL ;) GL

·
Registered
143 Posts
aye they don't look too bad. Cheap plastic though but what do you expect. I would get it if I didn't have jdm fogs already.

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
There's been talk about these on PP for about a week or so now...They're not bad looking, and I would've boughten them if they were around years ago

·
Registered
9 Posts
So far there are decent aftermarket headlights (Depo) and now the JDM fogs......if they will only make decent, clean, OEM looking LED tails :)

1 - 20 of 97 Posts