1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i found some for 200+

there are others for 160

then there is some for 90

they all seem to be the same pair of lights. i was curious if anyone is aware of some hidden difference in them.

·
Vroooom
633 Posts
been looking too... read the fine print dude.. anything that says "OEM REPLICA" or "LIKE OEM" or any of that **** is fake. There's ways to tell if they're the real deal or not.

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
There's only 2 real JDM one piece headlights. They come in silver housing and black housing. If you look closely at the outer lens it has 3 horizontal lines in it. Uses a h4 and h1 bulb. Just about all on ebay will be used.

There are multiple aftermarket headlights that resemble the jdm headlights but they're slightly different. Anything with a projector, amber corner, angle eye, completely clear outer lens, made by DEPO and probably a bunch of other things on ebay are not jdm. There is a set that looks almost like jdm but it has the clear outer lens probably the closest you can get to the real thing. A lot of the auctions don't even say jdm like or replica. They claim to be JDM completely when they're not. After looking at several picture I'm sure you can tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
yeah like you said above, ive looked at them all (had to show my gf the diff for xmas present) the ONE thing the knock offs wont have is the horizontal lines going across the outer lens like your USDM ones actually have. also the thing is too, none of them are gonna be new, theyre gonna be pulled off of junked cars in japan. so anything with a flashy backdrop behind the pic of the lights is just a knock off and no sense even clicking on it, just keep scrollin down the list.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I believe the real JDM head lights will be manufactured by a company called Stanley, they make OEM parts for Hondas.
This is the only true JDM product

Question about true JDM, I see some that say "clear coat" peeling.
What part of these is clear coated? Seems they show a spot on the lens.
The glass has a clear coat finish?

Is this kinda easy to repair?

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
They're plastic and the clear coat is over the lens. There's a tutorial somewhere here on how to 'restore' the lights by wet sanding the clear coat off. They look MUCH better. Only downside is that supposedly the clearcoat provides some UV protection and the lights will be more susceptible to fogging up after a few years. Not sure if a clearcoat can be reapplied to provide some level of protection from the sun

·
JDM H22 POWER
306 Posts
I bought a pair on ebay for 150$ ...they look absolutely awesome!

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
Any lights that are real OEM Honda always say STANLEY on them with small letters. They also have the Stanley code number. This is the same case with JDM and EDM lights. They are OEM Honda too.

Also visually they are better, they are built better, look more solid. They don't have that cheap look if you know what I mean.

·
JDM H22 POWER
306 Posts
To each there own...i have ebay knockoffs and they look great..Ive had so many compliments. Definately not ricey...definately not flimsy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts