Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To remove front blinkers I dont need to remove the front bumper correct?

Once I remove them whats the easiest way to get the orange piece out. Ive read a crap-load of tutorials and for some reason i still dont get it. I just dont understand how to get into the housing, I use a heat gun and pry apart the housing or what? thanks

[This message has been edited by zentron (edited April 19, 2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
You don't need to remove the bumper to take off the blinker.

I used a soldering iron to melt away some pieces, then used needle nose pliers to pull out the rest. Just takes patience. Once you have the piece out, it's just common sense to get all of the orange pieces out.

If you don't already have a Helm manual, I would recommend getting one.

Good luck and don't burn your fingers


------------------
'00 Prelude
Black 5spd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for the prices ludes go for , you think they would include a helms manual =) how bout scannin those sheets in for me. heh =)

-kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zentron:
for the prices ludes go for , you think they would include a helms manual =) how bout scannin those sheets in for me. heh =)

-kevin
</font>
You will get flamed over and over if you ask for stuff like that. Do yourself the favor and buy a helm manual. And I would think if you can afford a Prelude what's $50 for a manual to keep it in tip top shape


BTW www.NTPOG.ORG has a nice write up on the blinker clearing thing.

[This message has been edited by THATPRELUDEGUY (edited April 19, 2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
To take out the signal lights, you need a long phillips screwdriver. If you look inside the bottom grille area to where the light is, you'll see a notch where you can get your screwdriver to get into. After taking it out, all I did was POP the yellow plastic out of it's hinges and got needle nose pliers and twist until you break the peices small enough to pull them out of the hole. It scratches the inner housing but who looks inside your signal lenses. Should take about 20-30 minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
To take out the signal lights, you need a long phillips screwdriver. If you look inside the bottom grille area to where the light is, you'll see a notch where you can get your screwdriver to get into. After taking it out, all I did was POP the yellow plastic out of it's hinges and got needle nose pliers and twist until you break the peices small enough to pull them out of the hole. It scratches the inner housing but who looks inside your signal lenses. Should take about 20-30 minutes.

------------------
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,514 Posts
I think the fastest way would be to just take a VBH (very big hammer to the mechincally inclined) and do the "clearing"... LOL
Why there are so many ricers wanting this I dont know........just like a bunch of followers...


[This message has been edited by Darth Luder (edited April 19, 2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Luder:
I think the fastest way would be to just take a VBH (very big hammer to the mechincally inclined) and do the "clearing"... LOL
Why there are so many ricers wanting this I dont know........just like a bunch of followers...
B]</font>


How does wanting to clear one's front turn signals make them a "ricer". The term "rice" was originally used to describe tacky mods, trying to boast someting one doesnt have, etc etc...
My guess is that over 70% people on the Prelude Board have cleared out front turn signals. The term "rice" and "ricer" is just being over used now.

Zentron: You don't have to remove the front bumper. Just use a long phillips screwdriver like someone said earlier to remove the single screw holding in the turn signals. Then just stick a soldering iron through the hole the lightbulbs go into. There is no need to pry the signal apart. Burn the orange plastic cover into 4 or 6 pieces and then remove them with needle nose pliers. Also be careful to not let the soldering iron touch any other part of the signal housing. It will probably take only an hour to do both.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,514 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EvilGeorge:
How does wanting to clear one's front turn signals make them a "ricer". The term "rice" was originally used to describe tacky mods, trying to boast someting one doesnt have, etc etc...
My guess is that over 70% people on the Prelude Board have cleared out front turn signals. The term "rice" and "ricer" is just being over used now.

</font>
Well, that is not all that the term rice and ricer is used for with my racing buddies that include Porsche, BMW, VW, Mustangs, Miatas, etc... It refers to followers, people without technical backgrounds that back up stuff they do to their cars with the bandwagon reasoning that floats around them, tacky mods, and they think that dragging is the most elite form of racing out there...


------------------
If you only knew the power of the Lude...
'98 Red Base Prelude
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - SCCA Solo2
AEM CAI, APEX-i VAFC, Neuspeed Ft Up Strut Bar, 28 mm Neuspeed RR Sway Bar, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, and SH RR Deck installed. Shock knock cure done. Installing Quaife ATB Differential.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Luder:
Well, that is not all that the term rice and ricer is used for with my racing buddies that include Porsche, BMW, VW, Mustangs, Miatas, etc... It refers to followers, people without technical backgrounds that back up stuff they do to their cars with the bandwagon reasoning that floats around them, tacky mods, and they think that dragging is the most elite form of racing out there...

</font>
Not only that but to an older generation it is a reference to ANYTHING Japanese. (Sad to say)
 
G

·
I don't like using the term rice...to me it looks like crap or it looks tight. It's simply a matter of opinion.

------------------
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top