Honda Prelude Online banner

e-brake balancing?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  sask-lude 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I failed my warrant of fitness (dunno if its called something else in the states). My right rear wheel does not lock up enough when the e-brake is on, my left one does though.

I was wondering if I only need to adjust the e-brake through the center console or if there is more to do? and what exactly it is.

I did have a search but nothing I could find. Any help is appreciated.

#3 ·
Hey all,

I failed my warrant of fitness (dunno if its called something else in the states). My right rear wheel does not lock up enough when the e-brake is on, my left one does though.

I was wondering if I only need to adjust the e-brake through the center console or if there is more to do? and what exactly it is.

I did have a search but nothing I could find. Any help is appreciated.
Yes, adjusting the tension should do it. If not you'll then have to move to the actual rear brakes.

#8 ·
I have the opposite problem as TheRussian my brake light will not go on when i pull the e-brake. I wouldn't care but the command start only works if it knows the e-brake is on so now it doesn't work any ideas? I've ripped the center console apart and looked at the "switch" trigger thing and it appears to be working ( not jamming or anything) so does anyone have a diagram for where that wire goes to? or any idea how to fix this problem?

#10 ·
it's a standard requirement that command start does not work without the e-brake being on, and the way the starter senses if it is on or not is through the e-brake light circuit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.