Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a dyno shop the other day and they told me about a device that is due for release this summer by dynojet. It is a wideband o2 setup with a digital gauge and sending unit etc. for tuning your car. Best thing about it was he said it was supposed to be in the $400 area.

Anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
777 Posts
uh, haven't wideband 02 tuning been around for some time now? unless this i'm misunderstanding this as "new" welcome to yesterday :)

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
concLude said:
uh, haven't wideband 02 tuning been around for some time now? unless this i'm misunderstanding this as "new" welcome to yesterday :)
I think vector is refering to an in-car module like an AutoMeter A/F gauge, not a wideband used on conjuction with a dyno.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah this is a unit you put in your car. The clear interest of mine is that at $400 for a complete kit, this is cheap (if it includes the o2 sensor).

·
Premium Member
7,134 Posts
Yah, there seems to be an insurgence of companies jumping on the wideband bandwagon now. AEM is due soon to release a wideband setup for around $500-$600 and is geared primarily at EMS users, although they will be releasing a display for the device as well. Still, the cheapest are the DIY kit or the Tech Edge setup, both of which unfortunately use a relatively hard to find sensor (L1H1). However, Tech Edge V2.0 will be utilizing the more readily available Bosch LSU4 sensor.

I can say that I'm happy with my Tech Edge V1.5 unit. However, I was able to get a sensor for it at the end of last year for $149, right before the prices jumped up above $300 and the availability dropped near to zero.

·
Zoom-Zoomin
1,461 Posts
hey shark,
does the tech edge unit send a "regular" O2 sensor signal back to the ECU?

I was lookin around the site but it wasn't really clear.
also, what are you doing with the wideband signal? does it go to a gauge or are you using it in piggyback or something?

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
what type of device do mustang dynos use...the guy at my shop has access to a mustang dyno and he said it uses somethig better than a wideband???? is there such thing???

·
Premium Member
7,134 Posts
paulyg said:
hey shark,
does the tech edge unit send a "regular" O2 sensor signal back to the ECU?

I was lookin around the site but it wasn't really clear.
also, what are you doing with the wideband signal? does it go to a gauge or are you using it in piggyback or something?
The v1.5 is capable of producing a simulated narrowband O2 signal for the stock ecu. However, I wouldn't rely on it. I prefer to let the stock sensor and ecu do their job as they were designed. I don't trust the simulated output to be reliable. People have been using it that way, though.

I have the Tech Edge display. I can also use my Palm to display and datalog the a/f output. I haven't used it for this yet though because I (and others) have been having trouble getting the Palm to datalog RPM along with the a/f. There is apparently a new chip for the unit which resolves this issue, but I haven't picked up the new chip yet. So for now I've been trying to tune by running around in the car and keeping my eye on the wideband display :laugh: Crude, but effective.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The Supra community has been using the FJO Wideband with lots of success. It offers the datalogging capability, PDA ability, in car display unit.

It's nothing new. I think it's funny how so many kids will go out and drop $50 for a useless Autometer A/F gauge for it's neat blinking lights that just go back and forth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts