Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal was 235-245 to the wheels with my setup but was pleasantly surprised after about 7 runs of tuning. Here are the pics of how it went.

First run baseline: 8 clicks past min

Adjusting the cartech fmu to start the air fuel curve, leaned out a little up top (no effect yet) now at 6 past min

Now using the vafc to lean out the rest of the power band, also advancing the timing to 1 past min:

And a comparison to my original dyno on the us motor with I/DC Header/E

Heres my setup from the other thread, only change is the header

99 Prelude Base 5spd
JDM H22A
[email protected]

AEM Intake
Kamikaze Header
Test Pipe - resonated
Greddy PE exhaust
OBD II Workaround
AEM Pulleys

Things to fight off detonation/cooling
Hondata IM Gasket
70/30/water wetter coolant mix
Mobil 1 Synthetic
RC 370CC Injectors
Cartech adjustable FMU
VAFC
JR EMS + BTC

Misc:
ACT HDSS clutch
Front and Rear ST Sway Bars
Optima red top battery
JL 15 In sub + MTX 4122 AMP
JVC KD SH99 Headunit
Magnecore 8.5mm wires
ngk zrf7 spark plugs
ES Motor Mount Inserts
FP/Boost/AF gauges

So I made 257.1whp and 206.9wtq with absolutely no detonation at any rpm with the timing not having to be retarded at all. Weather was crumby but the numbers are corrected. I like being able to go from 20-60 in 2nd gear in a matter of seconds :D

questions/comments/concerns post them up!

·
Registered
179 Posts
those are some really nice numbers. I wonder what kind of hp jrsc's would make if there was a way to lower intake temps...

·
Registered
928 Posts
simply amazing! over 200 ft lbs of torque

i bet that feels good to have nearly 200 ft lbs at 4000 rpms

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
200ftlbs of torque is badass if i'm just cruising at 25mph in 2nd gear and floor it, it actually knocks you back and flys up to 60. i really want the weather to clear up so i can really feel it.

track won't be until next week, going to pick on some v8s at the races tonight :)

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
I love seeing the HP go up and up w/ more and more tuning! Great job!! :bigthumb:

almost 300 at the crank :bow:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I thought the JDM's had a higher compression and that was bad for boost :confused:

Maybe you've started a new trend here, lol.

Next step 9psi :eek:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NoRice4U said:
I love seeing the HP go up and up w/ more and more tuning! Great job!! :bigthumb:

almost 300 at the crank :bow:
its actually 320-325 horsepower at the crank and about 260ft lbs of torque at the crank :)

Theres about a 20% drivetrain loss on our cars.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Skinny said:
I thought the JDM's had a higher compression and that was bad for boost :confused:

Maybe you've started a new trend here, lol.

Next step 9psi :eek:
higher compression is good for boost, its the agressive overlap of the cams say in a type S motor that can't be adjusted thats bad for boost. haha i'll skip the 9psi :)

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
99Prelude_LC said:

its actually 320-325 horsepower at the crank and about 260ft lbs of torque at the crank :)

Theres about a 20% drivetrain loss on our cars.
muhahha...even better :bigthumb: go beat hp99hp's new M3 taht he posted in OT ;)

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
wow those are SICK numbers:D :eek: good luck with it!

what safeguard did you get.... V2
do u think if you get hondata it will give u even better numbers?

I wish my SS lude can put out the same numbers then i would be the happiest guy around.

·
Registered
917 Posts
HOLY **** you are my new hero :bow::bow::bow:

From this dyno an idea cross my mind. If i were able to come across some jdm h22a pistons that would raise my compression to 10.6 could I get similiar results? I am already packing a J&S v2 safeguard and vafc. All I would need is larger injectors and hondata IM gasket.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
vir2l: assuming that truly the only difference between the us and jdm motor is the .6 compression i don't see why you wouldn't. It is strange however how underrated they are from the factory. I mean with just bolt ons i know i was pushing near 185-190whp.

Injectors + im gasket = a must

SK Honda7:
i'm not running the J&S, all i have for timing is the BTC that came with the kit. I actually checked for detonation on the dyno. My temps are good due to the gasket and the larger injectors. Also using good fuel (93 octane in my case) keeps everything in check.

Hondata probalby wouldn't give me much of better numbers, but it would greatly improve the normal driving of the car. I have the vafc part throttle leaned out so that it feels pretty normal.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
how did you tune your VAFC? did you do it on your own or you had someone who knows what they are doing do it for you?

·
Registered
928 Posts
i still cant get over the fact you are running such high compression with boost and you are running nearly stock timing!!!

How was the weather the dyno day was it really f'ing hot like it has been here in florida? It looks like you have safe AF ratios in case of colder weather

I have to say it, you are a madman for trying this. Looks like it will work for you.

This comes from someone with a nice pieced together turbo setup, I envy your setup.

Espesially that gaddamn torque curve

·
EEEWOK!!!!!
1,246 Posts
Girl n-a Lude said:
props to to car :) very very impressive numbers....i like!
What she said. Truly awesome :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts